The Lego Thread

Keeper

Honorary Master
I had this set and loved it :p

also some Firetruck, Police van and Ambulance (Had LED Lights that lit up as well!)

ichigo

Executive Member
I had this set and loved it :p

also some Firetruck, Police van and Ambulance (Had LED Lights that lit up as well!)
Cool saw that in my very old lego catalogue and always wanted those, you so lucky :D.

I had lots of Lego. Can't stand the stuff.
Is it the standing on them part you hate or what dont you like about it?

Alan

Honorary Master
'A 63-year-old man who travelled from Windsor, Ontario. to Toronto to fulfil a lifelong dream of visiting a Legoland Discovery Centre, feels discriminated against and embarrassed after being turned away because he didn't have a child with him.

'John St-Onge has been a self-described "Lego fanatic" ever since his children were young and he first began buying them sets, ranging from miniature cities and farmscapes to models of the Star Wars Millenium Falcon.

'Once his kids grew older and found other interests, John stuck with Lego, breaking down and rebuilding their sets, and buying new ones to add to his own collection. He now has around 75 sets, comprising about 50,000 pieces of Lego.

'John and his daughter, Nicole St-Onge, saved up, planned the trip and made the three-hour drive, only to be turned away at the door because of a rule, unbeknown to them, that adults must be accompanied by a child in order to get in.

'"They wouldn't let us go in and so we asked to see a manager," Nicole said. "Five minutes later the employee came back and said the manager was too busy to see us, but that was their policy, they weren't allowed in without a child and there was nothing they could do about it."

'As a result, they turned around and headed back to Windsor.

'"I was crushed. My dad is 63 years old, he was devastated. The look on his face was like a child not getting the gift at Christmas that they want."'

ichigo

Executive Member
I would have found a midget to pretend he was a child to get in :p

ichigo

Executive Member
I got the Lego Starwars 10215 for R749 for 676 pieces today which is quite cheap :D.

My first Lego Starwars since they usually so overpriced compared to the city stuff.

So love the Indian Save Shops for deals same place I bought my huge Space Shuttle for R1k.

10215 should be 1.5k according to Amazon.com or R1199 from Kalahari :D.

Oh there are some more in that store if anyone wants one

Last edited:

rodga

Executive Member
I collect the lego architecture series. I have 5, hopefully get another 2 before the end of the year

ichigo

Executive Member
If you can get a Star Destroyer or Super Star Destroyer for below R2k we can talk again... :p
Never seen it ever in the shops besides the tiny ones so dont think I will ever besides buying online.

This is still quite big cant imagine how big those 2 would be.

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
Never seen it ever in the shops besides the tiny ones so dont think I will ever besides buying online.

This is still quite big cant imagine how big those 2 would be.
Again, it's been available in the shops up here in Gauteng. Off the shelves again as well...

ichigo

Executive Member
I don't know. This stuff is expensive these days and I don't believe it's a bad idea to keep it for incase I become a father of a baby boy.
Thats the reason why I saved mine and still collecting so I can get a huge collection for my children before prices get too expensive to afford.