The Lego Thread

ichigo

Executive Member
Managed to get hold of the Monorail 6991 on ebay complete for R2700 and shipping of R600.

Anyone else got old lego sets complete, which you want to sell?

foozball3000

Executive Member
Wow, I forgot about this thread. Each year I make an effort to by myself a Lego set, even if it's only a small one

ichigo

Executive Member
Wow, I forgot about this thread. Each year I make an effort to by myself a Lego set, even if it's only a small one
Which set did you get this year? I went for the 10233 Horizon Express Train and the High Speed train. Still want to get the cargo train but it is quite pricy.

foozball3000

Executive Member
Which set did you get this year? I went for the 10233 Horizon Express Train and the High Speed train. Still want to get the cargo train but it is quite pricy.
Well, this year isn't going to well for me, so I had to settle for something small. I got some bug alien thing. My dream is to build the ultimate spaceship, so I have a lot of starwars sets, but their parts are a bit dull, so now I'm collecting all kinds of interesting blocks

ichigo

Executive Member
Well, this year isn't going to well for me, so I had to settle for something small. I got some bug alien thing. My dream is to build the ultimate spaceship, so I have a lot of starwars sets, but their parts are a bit dull, so now I'm collecting all kinds of interesting blocks
Cool I like the old space sets and UFO sets parts.

foozball3000

Executive Member
My last one was from the Alien Conquest series. They have some epic bricks, and not too expensive.
But by far my favourite set is the Slave II from Starwars. By far the largest set I ever got in my life. I bought it about 3 years ago, made me feel like a 10-year old on Christmas to open a big set like that

gfmalan

Expert Member
I have some old Lego from 30 years ago my mom kept that I need to sell. Gumtree maybe ?
Location? What do you have? And how much?

Edit: I had a box full of misc types, and it was stolen, mine was also from the 80's, maybe i can play again?!

Last edited:

ichigo

Executive Member

McT

The Humble Scot!
Thanks ichigo. Hadn't thought to look elsewhere. I do find it weird that it's not yet available on Kalahari.

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
It's amazing how Lego is making such a comeback amongst adults - I think they've even removed the upper age limit on their boxes.

For me, the only good Lego is the robotics and the generic pieces - why buy a piece of someone else's creativity!

saor

Honorary Master
It's amazing how Lego is making such a comeback amongst adults - I think they've even removed the upper age limit on their boxes.
Can't wait until my nephew is old enough to play with proper Lego. Gonna buy a box of the plain, un-themed pieces and go crazy. Was in a toyshop the other day and the un-themed sets were the ones they didn't seem to have any stock of. Meh.

If you're ever too cool to sit and play lego with someone...you really need some shrooms :p.