The Lego Thread

rodga

Executive Member
Saw these at the local China mall. They to s of other stuff too. Bugatti, the other porsche, ferrari, etc. Also Harry Potter stuff. Not sure in quality but the gt3 was R1900. Am was 700ish.

saturnz

Honorary Master
The new bucket bull dozer contraption is R8000

who buys these things for 14 year kids?

FiestaST

Honorary Master
You Can Now Get A Lego Jaguar I-Pace eTROPHY And Formula E Set

Fans of all-electric British race cars and Danish injection-molded building bricks rejoice, Lego has announced a new set featuring the I-Pace eTrophy and the I-Type Formula E racecar.

The set looks rad as hell, with the blue-and-black Formula E car translating particularly well to block form. The I-Pace’s curvy body isn’t as conducive to it, but rounded panels on the set help it out.

The set, officially called “Formula E Panasonic Jaguar Racing GEN2 car & Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY” by Lego, is also the widest entry in the company’s Speed Champions line of car sets. With an 8-stud wide design instead of the usual 6-stud design used for previous Speed Champions sets, they were able to add more detail.

Lego.jpg

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
I have the bucket wheel excavator (42055) and the Volvo Bucket Tracktor (42030)

I think those two sets together with the new smart power functions should give you infinitely more better playtime than this set.

this is a nice set, but not 8k nice
true true
but this one drives :love:

watch from about 11 minutes into the video

saturnz

Honorary Master
watch from about 11 minutes into the video
I'm well aware of this sets capabilities, as a result of the new smart power functions, you just need those things to make the thing do what you want it to do. The BWE also drives

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Bit off topic, but Lego have been forcing sites like yeggi and thingiverse to remove models of blocks and other things that look like lego.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Rebrickable published a blog where the reviewer got his hands into it. It was an interesting read to see what parts were included in the package. My interest is purely the economics of parting it out. At around R8K, it would have to have super attractive part-out value to go for it. Even then, I would still be concerned that some of the bits and pieces may not sell.

There are plenty of adult Technic builders who are doing their own thing. The plates, motors and axles will sell. Some of the new parts (e.g. clutch, bucket) may also be attractive. Perhaps even the Linear Actuators too. I am not that things like the hoses will be that attractive.

Would be keen to see if any retailers are brave enough to put one or two on their Black Friday specials. I will be watching in hope.