The Lego Thread

FiestaST

Honorary Master
SEE | Lego pays tribute to Nissan's legendary GT-R Nismo

Lego and Nissan have joined forces to create the super cool Nismo GT-R from 298 Lego 'elements'.

Since the introduction of the Lego wheel in 1962, cars have played a central role in thousands of Lego sets and in the play of millions of children across the world.

The two companies have revealed a model that pays tribute to one of the most iconic Japanese supercars, the Nissan GT-R Nismo. This is the first-ever partnership between Lego and a Japanese automaker.

The model was revealed by Lego's CEO Niels B. Christiansen and Asako Hoshino, executive vice-president at Nissan, at the automaker’s global headquarters in Yokohama on 25 November 2019.

Christiansen said: "In addition to offering a wonderful and fun building and play experience, we hope the model will also inspire children to learn more about engineering and how to create things in real life.

"Just as engineers across decades have improved the design and performance of this car, children build, unbuild and rebuild during play – stimulating and developing crucial skills, such as creativity, resilience, problem-solving and critical thinking. Inspiring them to become the builders of tomorrow is our mission."

Lego 1.JPGLego 2.JPG

HarryZA

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
This will be available on Friday on GYBC for around R4500.00, according to an email I received.
Lego.com is releasing it for $250 (R3688)
Pity GYBC is doing it for R4500

But thanx a million for the info :)

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
EGO® DC Comics™ Super Heroes
THIS FRIDAY, get the NEW and EXCLUSIVE
76139 LEGO® DC Comics™ Super Heroes 1989 Batmobile™ for R4499.99!

Evoke memories of the 1989 Batman™ movie with this challenging 3,300 piece Batmobile™ set for ALL Batman fans and car lovers.

You'll also receive a 40433 LEGO Limited Edition 1989 Batmobile Gift with Purchase FREE, valued at R529.99 if you buy this 76139 LEGO® DC Comics™ Super Heroes 1989 Batmobile™ set!
Not to be used in conjunction with any other promotions. Reward points cannot be redeemed for cash for the purposes of this promotion.
While stocks last.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure, DUPLO, BIONICLE, DIMENSIONS, the FRIENDS logo, the MINIFIGURES logo, MINDSTORMS, NINJAGO and NEXO KNIGHTS are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2018 The LEGO Group.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website.
Powered by Marsello
LEGO® Certified Store Shop L56A, Lower Level, Sandton City Corner of Rivonia and 5th Street, Sandton Johannesburg, GP 2146 South Africa​

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Lego Nissan GTR is an odd size :(

8 stud wide is less than Expert yet wider than current champion sets, wonder if they moving the series to 8 stud wide or is this going to be a 1 of build

Regardless, can not wait for Jan 2020 to pick it up.

Rabobi

Executive Member
Lego Nissan GTR is an odd size :(

8 stud wide is less than Expert yet wider than current champion sets, wonder if they moving the series to 8 stud wide or is this going to be a 1 of build

Regardless, can not wait for Jan 2020 to pick it up.
Similar size to speed champions

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Similar size to speed champions
Speed champions are 6 stud wide GTR is 8 stud wide ;)

I know its a small no but when you place it together with normal speed champions it will be noticeable. Not that its gonna stop me from getting it, in all honesty I prefer the double seat move and would have preferred it on previous models as well.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Speed champions are 6 stud wide GTR is 8 stud wide ;)

I know its a small no but when you place it together with normal speed champions it will be noticeable. Not that its gonna stop me from getting it, in all honesty I prefer the double seat move and would have preferred it on previous models as well.
More recent Speed Champions are 8 studs wide. Got the impression that TLG will be dabbling in for a bit.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
More recent Speed Champions are 8 studs wide. Got the impression that TLG will be dabbling in for a bit.
Nope

The GTR will be 1st 8 stud wide Speed champion.

(Bottom left is an 8 stud Marvel Truck so yes there was 8 stud cars in Lego just none in Speed Champion series)

The_David

I made the fatal mistake of going into the Lego Store in Sandton yesterday :crying::crying::crying::crying: I want EVERYTHING!!

Reactions: McT

animal531

Expert Member
I heard Lego bought out Bricklink, which is probably a terrible move overall for the 2nd hand market.

McT

The Humble Scot!
I heard Lego bought out Bricklink, which is probably a terrible move overall for the 2nd hand market.
As a store owner, I am holding my breath and hoping for the best to come from this.

creeper

Executive Member
Went and looked at the new (old) Batmobile. The big one is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Reactions: McT