The Lego Thread

McT

The Humble Scot!
Toy Kingdom and the LCS both announced that they have unpacked over 50 new 2020 sets. Looking forward to seeing some these. Happy shopping lads and lasses :D

McT

The Humble Scot!
Lego recreates iconic Nissan GT-R NISMO
Lego Speed Champions Nissan GT-R NISMO (Nissan Motorsport) pays tribute to the legendary Japanese supercar. The set will be available in the first half of 2020.

Since the introduction of the Lego wheel in 1962, cars have played a central role in thousands of Lego sets. The Lego Group and Nissan have revealed a model that pays tribute to one of the most iconic Japanese supercars, the Nissan GT-R NISMO. This is the first partnership between Lego and a Japanese automaker.

The Lego model was revealed by Lego Group CEO Niels B Christiansen and Asako Hoshino, executive vice president at Nissan, at the automaker’s global headquarters in Yokohama today.

Niels B. Christiansen says: “In addition to offering a wonderful and fun building and play experience, we hope the model will also inspire children to learn more about engineering and how to create things in real life. Just as engineers across decades have improved the design and performance of this car, children build, unbuild and rebuild during play – stimulating and developing crucial skills, such as creativity, resilience, problem-solving and critical thinking. Inspiring them to become the builders of tomorrow is our mission.”
More here:

ijacobs3

Expert Member
So , bought my 8 year old daughter a lego friends play set, thinking a picture based instruction system would be something she could follow , .... i was wrong, her vision of what it should be, trumped any instructions , and “daddy come help quick” turned into daddy build it.

So the first Lego project I’ve done in 2 years was a friggen pink and white boat

It’s been a long 2 years since my last technic project , but the last one was a disappointment, it was the “limited” Porsche GT3 , that orange mess of a build, where you look at it funny , it falls apart, unlike the other technic builds which were very solid .The itch has been restored though , going tomorrow to pick up the Land Rover defender , the ‘ol credit card is just going to have to suck it up, Lego is my therapy

McT

The Humble Scot!
So , bought my 8 year old daughter a lego friends play set, thinking a picture based instruction system would be something she could follow , .... i was wrong, her vision of what it should be, trumped any instructions , and “daddy come help quick” turned into daddy build it.

So the first Lego project I’ve done in 2 years was a friggen pink and white boat

It’s been a long 2 years since my last technic project , but the last one was a disappointment, it was the “limited” Porsche GT3 , that orange mess of a build, where you look at it funny , it falls apart, unlike the other technic builds which were very solid .The itch has been restored though , going tomorrow to pick up the Land Rover defender , the ‘ol credit card is just going to have to suck it up, Lego is my therapy
I am pleased to hear that your confidence has been restored. A colleague of mine has had nothing but pleasure building the Land Rover. I really hope your experience is the same, if not better. And should the urge arise, ReBrickable posted an article a short while where they motorised their set. Not always something for all, but they found a way to make it so. Enjoy!

ijacobs3

Expert Member
I am pleased to hear that your confidence has been restored. A colleague of mine has had nothing but pleasure building the Land Rover. I really hope your experience is the same, if not better. And should the urge arise, ReBrickable posted an article a short while where they motorised their set. Not always something for all, but they found a way to make it so. Enjoy!
just started with it, fun so far :)

ijacobs3

Expert Member
That book omg
it like a drug...

i've spent the last 2 days driving, and not slept much, and starting to get a bit of a twitch... think i need to call a night on it, and carry on fresh in the morning