The Lego Thread

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
I must admit I was a tad upset/worried when Lego announced 8 stud Speed champion series change. For 1 it will not display well with the old series and there was also the R100 bump in price per car.

But now after I build my 1st set I can say the size bump was what the series needed. The cars just look and also build way better. Also for some reason they just look right:

What also works for me is the fact that you now have passenger seats:

Now really looking forward to the rest of the series.

McT

The Humble Scot!
I built Speed Champions'Ultimate Ferrari Garage. To be displayed on Saturday. In short, too many stickers :sick:

saturnz

Honorary Master
I must admit I was a tad upset/worried when Lego announced 8 stud Speed champion series change. For 1 it will not display well with the old series and there was also the R100 bump in price per car.

But now after I build my 1st set I can say the size bump was what the series needed. The cars just look and also build way better. Also for some reason they just look right:

What also works for me is the fact that you now have passenger seat

Now really looking forward to the rest of the series.
the Speed Champions sets do look good

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
cARS.jpeg

Must build: Ferrari and black Lambo
Runners up: Nissan GT and maybe the Jaguar EV Racer
Meh (Can skip): Green Lambo, Audi and Jaguar Car

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
I decided to skip the Audi altogether, just looks weird in the 2020 set imho
Very blocky build, not a fan of both the models look or even build process. Can go watch the build video's on Youtube to see what I mean.

I only bought it as I have not skipped a single Speed set yet so not gonna start now.

Edit: Picture of the collection so far..
cARS.jpeg

Last edited:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Lego Launches International Space Station

The International Space Station is the most expensive vehicle in existence, even more expensive than a Ferrari 250 GTO, or a Datsun. At $150 billion dollars, it’s slightly out of my price range, and the fact that it is in space probably means we’re not going to get a Doug Score on it anytime soon.

Thankfully, we have an acceptable substitute coming from Lego, a company which I will now refer to as a Danish vehicle manufacturer. The new ISS Lego set went on sale today for about $70, a significant discount on the real thing. It won’t go to space, but the company did strap one to a balloon and launched it to the stratosphere. Lego announced the set after it won a fan poll on the Lego Ideas website. The design had been submitted twice before and rejected.

x5zb7owqaovzaamgizjx.jpguna5i8le6khpy0z6cfhr.jpg

Rabobi

Executive Member
Very blocky build, not a fan of both the models look or even build process. Can go watch the build video's on Youtube to see what I mean.

I only bought it as I have not skipped a single Speed set yet so not gonna start now.

Edit: Picture of the collection so far..
View attachment 777858
Holy hell. Very nice!

BrokenRSA

Lego Launches International Space Station

The International Space Station is the most expensive vehicle in existence, even more expensive than a Ferrari 250 GTO, or a Datsun. At $150 billion dollars, it’s slightly out of my price range, and the fact that it is in space probably means we’re not going to get a Doug Score on it anytime soon.

Thankfully, we have an acceptable substitute coming from Lego, a company which I will now refer to as a Danish vehicle manufacturer. The new ISS Lego set went on sale today for about $70, a significant discount on the real thing. It won’t go to space, but the company did strap one to a balloon and launched it to the stratosphere. Lego announced the set after it won a fan poll on the Lego Ideas website. The design had been submitted twice before and rejected.

View attachment 777926View attachment 777928
I see the LEGO shop locally will sell them for R1249.99.

BrokenRSA