The Lego Thread

McT

The Humble Scot!
It takes all sorts of sorts: LEGO organization and me, Chris Doyle
So, let’s start by putting things into context. One of my most vivid childhood memories is lying on a thick shag carpet, watching Battlestar Galactica, and being super frustrated that the clone brand LEGO that my parents had bought for me didn’t have the fine detail I needed to build Colonial Vipers. I remember swearing to myself that if I made it to adulthood, I would buy enough LEGO to fill a room. So, eventually, I did.

McT

The Humble Scot!
I am busy, painstakingly, sorting at the moment. My own Lego, that is. I don't have anywhere near as much as the image above, but it needs to be sorted so I build MOCs and complete some of my older sets.

I am hoping that I can get it done this weekend. And, please, please, someone please allow Westpack to open again. I need to get more containers to finish the sorting.

McT

The Humble Scot!

McT

The Humble Scot!
Lego hit the big times in Takealot searches :D

1590039343286.png

Now if only the available selection matches expectation :unsure:

Marsie27

We used the Kiddiwinks online ordering system a few days ago, as soon as we could order non-essentials - worked well.

Reactions: McT

McT

The Humble Scot!
We used the Kiddiwinks online ordering system a few days ago, as soon as we could order non-essentials - worked well.
@Papa Smurf ^ and they throw in a free polybag with their orders. At the moment, it is a Hidden Side choice of two. Orders over R750 are free. With Lego, this is not difficult.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Sorting by colour is the worst possible way to do Lego. Try find a 1x1 black, white or light bluish grey plate or round plate in a pile same colour. I did it for a wee bit and realised just how tedious this can become :D

Joeboy69

Expert Member
Sorting by colour is the worst possible way to do Lego. Try find a 1x1 black, white or light bluish grey plate or round plate in a pile same colour. I did it for a wee bit and realised just how tedious this can become :D
Agreed. If you are going to mix all your bricks and not keep them separately for each build, then sort by type. Still easy to see different colours once in a container

Reactions: McT