The list of clothes you are allowed to buy in South Africa under level 4 lockdown

Ragnarök

Expert Member
I really don't get this stupid rules .
T shirts is right there in the shop , you can touch them , but can't buy them.
It is not like some 1000 people have to come in contact to make the bloody thing and run a risk of spreading the virus , for me to buy it .
It is already in the store .

Lupus

Honorary Master
Sigh instead of easing lockdowns they just draft more stupidity. How about clothing stores are open, it's simplier and you don't have to waste time drawing up stupid lists. But oh wait this is the muppet who didn't want hot foods sold.

garp

Executive Member
Totalitarian central planning at its most absurd.

You have to wonder how it is possible that the committee that drew up this list did not at some point realize that the list encompasses so many clothing categories that there would be zero benefit to not just allow all sales.

Is it really going to make one jot of difference to the spread of Covid-19 that people can buy all types of shoes except for slip slops? All that this sheer stupidity has achieved is to saddle retailers with a complex administrative burden.

It‘s frankly insane.

garp

Executive Member
It is not like some 1000 people have to come in contact to make the bloody thing and run a risk of spreading the virus , for me to buy it .
You can buy t-shirts if the shop makes it clear they are to be worn under a jersey or jacket. That’s how silly this is.

Lupus

Honorary Master

You have to wonder how it is possible that the committee that drew up this list did not at some point realize that the list encompasses so many clothing categories that there would be zero benefit to not just allow all sales.

Is it really going to make one jot of difference to the spread of Covid-19 that people can buy all types of shoes except for slip slops? All that this sheer stupidity has achieved is to saddle retailers with a complex administrative burden.

It‘s frankly insane.
This is the thing, did someone literally sit there and thought about it, like seriously wasted brain power in putting this list together? I mean there are more important things to worry about. But hey let's restrict further.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

It‘s frankly insane.

No my son, you misunderstand. This is all done for your health and for the good of the country, do not question the overlords. They are making immense sacrifices for your health here

Lupus

Honorary Master
No my son, you misunderstand. This is all done for your health and for the good of the country, do not question the overlords. They are making immense sacrifices for your health here
Yes because me getting new underwear is going to get the coronavirus. Instead of realising the more restrictions they place on people they create more issues where people go out actively looking for things.
Also if they restrict what can be worn, people will spend more time in the shop trying to find something instead of less.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I need 2 new pair of jeans; blue and black, both "skinny" cut or whatever cuts for skinny people are called

Sinbad

Honorary Master
  • Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
  • Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
  • No animal shall wear clothes.
  • No animal shall sleep in a bed.
  • No animal shall drink alcohol.
  • No animal shall kill any other animal.
  • All animals are equal.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Yes because me getting new underwear is going to get the coronavirus. Instead of realising the more restrictions they place on people they create more issues where people go out actively looking for things.
Also if they restrict what can be worn, people will spend more time in the shop trying to find something instead of less.

The virus lives on underwear for longer, and its closer to the skin, so they're doing it for your health

Dan C

Honorary Master
Some people make masks out of T-Shirts. Now that is very dangerous, similar to smoking.