The list of clothes you are allowed to buy in South Africa under level 4 lockdown

garp

Executive Member
At least we can buy "short sleeved t-shirts, where promoted and displayed as under garments for warmth"...

This government you've [collectively] elected never ceases to amaze me.
It's utterly stupid. If I was a clothing retailer, I'd just put up signs at every t-shirt section saying "Intended to be worn under garments for warmth only".

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
It's utterly stupid. If I was a clothing retailer, I'd just put up signs at every t-shirt section saying "Intended to be worn under garments for warmth only".
What happens if you wear your t-shirts Sheldon Cooper style?

heldon-cooper-t-shirt.jpg

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad

That's exactly what they should do

The clever ones anyways. The stupid ones will follow govt reg's to the t and go down like the Titanic

justplain

Expert Member
What will government actually do if all the clothing retailers simply ignore the stupid restrictions?

Lupus

Honorary Master
What will government actually do if all the clothing retailers simply ignore the stupid restrictions?
The mother grundies will report them. Though not sure why, I'm pretty sure 90% of the people don't even know what's happening as they don't have internet.
I mean we had Rand water on Twitter say they aren't sending meter readers anymore and everyone needs to do it themselves, but how are the people without twitter supposed to know? They than said oh we also sent smses, wtf.

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
Out of all the ministers this guy is emerging as the biggest fool. He should be the one in our corner pushing for more economic activity yet instead he seemingly makes it up as he goes along.

Everyone is mad at BC and NZ for alcohol and smokes but this **** is making sure no one will ultimately be able to afford it.

The Darkness

Expert Member
Wait can anyone explain why school uniforms are allowed? I mean surely schools should be allowed as well than? What's the point of that? I mean that's how this Patel puppet works right? Only things that are fair, so if school uniforms are allowed schools need to be opened.
That's the same thing I was thinking! What the hell do we need to buy school uniforms for? These guys have NO clue. Who are these so called actuaries and advisors in their team? Why is this such a secret?

and, the biggest question of all........

where is Cyril?

Lupus

Honorary Master
That's the same thing I was thinking! What the hell do we need to buy school uniforms for? These guys have NO clue. Who are these so called actuaries and advisors in their team? Why is this such a secret?

and, the biggest question of all........

where is Cyril?
Who? The joker from 3 weeks ago, he's been grounded for saying Smokes were allowed.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
This is the thing, did someone literally sit there and thought about it, like seriously wasted brain power in putting this list together? I mean there are more important things to worry about. But hey let's restrict further.
Of course they did. Patel said clothing stores could open for the sale of winter clothing, remember?

At some point one of the muppets pea hit the center and they piped up: " but there's summer clothing available, what if someone buys it and then our law is wrong?"

Instead of just shutting the **** up or even better gazetting that all clothing can be sold, they applied maximum brain effort into bending the regulation to meet up with the initial nonsensical thing uttered by Patel.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Of course they did. Patel said clothing stores could open for the sale of winter clothing, remember?

At some point one of the muppets pea hit the center and they piped up: " but there's summer clothing available, what if someone buys it and then our law is wrong?"

Instead of just shutting the **** up or even better gazetting that all clothing can be sold, they applied maximum brain effort into bending the regulation to meet up with the initial nonsensical thing uttered by Patel.
Yup reminds me of the hot food thing again... Instead of them just realising life needs to start getting on they think locking down further. I really hope these muppets get it.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Plot twist, these regulations only affect the middle class to wealthy as the voting masses in townships and beyond never bothered to follow any of the regulations since the start.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Plot twist, these regulations only affect the middle class to wealthy as the voting masses in townships and beyond never bothered to follow any of the regulations since the start.
That's not really a twist anymore. I said on this forum the night before level 4 kicked in that the lockdown ends. No one gives a **** anymore.