The Mandalorian [SPOILERS]

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
I know it's the same actor, I'm just comparing the 2 characters he portrayed.
Yeah - and they were both fücken great. When I saw him, I really was delighted. When last did you watch Highlander? A couple of years ago my daughter was dissing older movies and telling me they were shît and don't hold up. Then I realised she was right - so I watched a few of my old favourites. Watching the Highlander is a real treat - I do it from time to time - and Clancy is a seriously underrated villian. One of the best, if not the best. I am just delighted someone else noticed that in this show.

zeb

Expert Member
Yeah - and they were both fücken great. When I saw him, I really was delighted. When last did you watch Highlander? A couple of years ago my daughter was dissing older movies and telling me they were shît and don't hold up. Then I realised she was right - so I watched a few of my old favourites. Watching the Highlander is a real treat - I do it from time to time - and Clancy is a seriously underrated villian. One of the best, if not the best. I am just delighted someone else noticed that in this show.
I re-watched Highlander the next day. Had to after seeing Kurgan in action.
Some of the older movies really hold up well I reckon. The less special effects the better of course, but many movies like Roadhouse and The Professional are timeless.

Btw, back when my daughter was still watching Spongebob I told her many a time that Mr Krabs was one of the great movie villains.

Last edited:

Norrad

The latest episode was great. Sets up the story nicely and introduces the new boss. Only thing is that I've never seen a Tie fighter with that landing configuration (fold-up solar panels and retractable landing gear).

The_Imp_ZA

The latest episode was great. Sets up the story nicely and introduces the new boss. Only thing is that I've never seen a Tie fighter with that landing configuration (fold-up solar panels and retractable landing gear).
It was a left over concept from The Force Awakens. Here's the art by Doug Chiang. The latest episode is definitely the best one so far. Can't wait to see how the show ends, it's gonna be a cliffhanger for sure. What a world we live in where Mando is the show to be excited for, but The Rise of Skywalker sucks balls.

Last edited:

thestaggy

Honorary Master
The series is set some time after the core movies (Episodes I - IX), so design evolution and variations are to be expected.

MEIOT

Expert Member
The series is set some time after the core movies (Episodes I - IX), so design evolution and variations are to be expected.
Some time AFTER the core movies?

But....baby Yoda is a ...baby.
:unsure:

I just naturally assumed the timeline was before the core movies - truthfully haven't read the backstory to The Mandalorian.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

I just naturally assumed the timeline was before the core movies - truthfully haven't read the backstory to The Mandalorian.
He is only called baby Yoda because there is no name for the species yet, so one works with what one has.

MEIOT

Expert Member
I see - that makes sense now :D

Been watching all the episodes with the false assumption it appears :ROFL:

Norrad

Actually it's set a few years after Episode 6 as the remnants of the empire are scrambling and the new republic is cementing their dominance. So all the tech being used is ex-empire tech and I know there were loads of variants of the TIE fighter but this one is a first. The First Order hasn't risen yet and even their new TIE fighters land with their solar panels in the fixed flying position.

skimread

Executive Member
What an ending. Poor Hog like guy. He just laid there like an animal.

SykomantiS

Expert Member

How? When they've mentioned the First Order in numerous episodes?
Liked this episode, feel sad for the death Kuiil.

One thing I've noticed- there are a couple of complaints about the main character not even showing his face, but I think the way he carries himself and his body language speaks volumes. Pedro is good at portraying his attitude even with his face hidden.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Actually it's set a few years after Episode 6 as the remnants of the empire are scrambling and the new republic is cementing their dominance. So all the tech being used is ex-empire tech and I know there were loads of variants of the TIE fighter but this one is a first. The First Order hasn't risen yet and even their new TIE fighters land with their solar panels in the fixed flying position.
Fair enough. The TIE line is pretty diverse though as well.

Norrad

Liked this episode, feel sad for the death Kuiil.

One thing I've noticed- there are a couple of complaints about the main character not even showing his face, but I think the way he carries himself and his body language speaks volumes. Pedro is good at portraying his attitude even with his face hidden.
You are completely in the wrong time period (by about 30 years). They don't mention the First Order as it doesn't exist in force yet, it's just getting started in the Unknown Regions. They mention Imperials or (Imps as shortened version) which are the remnants of the Empire. Cara Dune is an ex-Rebel shock trooper (not resistance) which means she fought in the rebellion against the Empire and she mentions she fought at Endor.

MEIOT

Expert Member
It's quite simple actually - watched all the movies and have yet to quite get the timelines and actual plot :ROFL:
I'm admittedly not a Star Wars nerd.

This may be borderline blasphemy to some/most but . . .Some movies are just meant to be enjoyed for what they are - story be damned.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
You are completely in the wrong time period (by about 30 years). They don't mention the First Order as it doesn't exist in force yet, it's just getting started in the Unknown Regions. They mention Imperials or (Imps as shortened version) which are the remnants of the Empire. Cara Dune is an ex-Rebel shock trooper (not resistance) which means she fought in the rebellion against the Empire and she mentions she fought at Endor.
I could have sworn they've mentioned the First Order. :confused:
You might be right though.