The 'Massive' Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Segg

Expert Member
And freaking cold. I want my summer!

So just like what happened a few weeks ago, a cold front met up with the moisture brought in by the depression, as colder air always remains lower than the warmer air, the warmer moist air was forced to rise causing last nights rain :D it was actually textbook for the passage of a cold front.

In winter we don't have much moist air over here in GP so it usually just stays cold and windy as the warmer (not nearly as moist) air is just displaced by the colder air

Capture.JPG

Its actually so textbook I even saw some lingering cirrostratus clouds this morning :)

Genisys

Honorary Master
Seems like we are in for High 20's and low 30's again from tomorrow for a few days. This should get interesting

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Every morning this week I have walked the beach North of the Orange river mouth , The beach littered with debris flushed down the Orange, the stream is still flowing strongly, but today Friday I was impressed as the last four days I walked in absolute solitude, not a single person or vehicle anywhere.... for today the local Town Council arrived with a truck and manpower and started arranging huge piles of driftwood at regular intervals along the beach, cleaning the beach for the weekend.....

Flood mouth.jpg

Meanwhile 10 Km South of the Orange RIver Mouth, Folk over in the Good Ol' Rpeublic are catching fish like crazy!

fisher.jpg

Cius

Executive Member
Heat wave in Gauteng is finally broken. Loving it. Took a drive with the family down to the Vaal dam wall on Saturday and two sluices where still open. Decent amount of water flowing.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Buckets coming down in Randburg and it was starting in Wilgeheuwel when I left