The 'Massive' Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Neuk_

Expert Member
Proper downpour in Randburg, I'd estimate 30mm or so. With small hail.

We had around 25mm with a lot of hail in Parkhurst :oops: Water came in under our kitchen door and it looks like the down pipes on our garage roof got blocked and our gutter leaked in to the garage, arg.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Rumbling again, but yeah not holding my breath as it's not that dark outside.

Cius

Executive Member
Glad you guys got some. Randburg there was some promising thunder and wind and then nothing.

voldoverse

Expert Member
Glad you guys got some. Randburg there was some promising thunder and wind and then nothing.
Looks like we might have the same in garsfontein, first looked like its coming here nownit seems to pass us by, just lotsa wind

Lupus

Honorary Master
Looks like we might have the same in garsfontein, first looked like its coming here nownit seems to pass us by, just lotsa wind
It keeps like threatening here in Wilgeheuwel, wife was about 2km down the road and said it was pouring.

ebendl

Expert Member
Yeah goodness, the smell of rain in Garsfontein was overwhelming, lots of wind and thunder.

Then poof -- all gone.

Yeah: looked like it missed us:

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 15.56.34.png

The_MAC

Executive Member
All this build up, and the only thing I have to show for it is half of the neighborhoods leaves in my pool :(

sand_man

Honorary Master
Was out in Sunninghill around 3pm and got caught in a big one!! Raining at home in Norwood too since around 2.10pm, strong showers in Glen Marais, Kempton Park as well...

Lupus

Honorary Master
Round 1 here in Wilgeheuwel we have some little bit of rain so far. Wind is really really aggressive.