The 'Massive' Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Lupus

Honorary Master
Freaking hell trying to damp proof a wall never expected rain this late in May.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Winter starts in June. It's still late-autumn weather.
As per the meteorological calender, agreed, Winter is from 1 June to 31 August. I go on what it feels like temperature-wise. :laugh:

And if we consider the Winter solstice to be 23 June, then it's roughly 45 days before and 45 days after.

Segg

Expert Member
Although I saw my weather app predicting storms for tomorrow, I was still very surprised to see the line of storms at the South of GP when looking at this evenings weather

Very unfortunate for the Eastern Cape to see most of the rain is falling off shore :(

sat.gif

Irene FAIR.JPG

Bethlehem

FABM.JPG

wbot

Executive Member
Raining on this chilly June morning in Pta too. Was hard to get out of bed

Lupus

Honorary Master
Ah, those sweet June storms that are so typical of Johannesburg…

o_O
Yeah I mean we are so used to it by now that when it rumbled at midnight I was like wow City Power put the power back.

• Haha
Reactions: 3WA

3WA

Honorary Master
Yeah I mean we are so used to it by now that when it rumbled at midnight I was like wow City Power put the power back.

I got caught out. My braai that I didn’t clean up from the weekend is flooded. My dog poop scoop was also left lying around and the plastic is now full of water and soggy turds.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
Ah, so that was lightning I caught out of the corner of my eye at about a quarter to midnight, then?
I had dismissed it as sleepy hallucinations.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
We had 10mm rain during the night. Very chilly this morning but everything smells fresh.

George Netherby

Expert Member
We ran at 0400 this morning, got home around 0500 soaked and cold. This late rain is a good indication that we will have bitterly cold winter. Start stocking up on LP Gas. Its an issue every year!