The 'Massive' Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Segg

Expert Member
Well it was much later than expected, and definitely way more widespread than I would have thought looking at the information I had this morning! :cool:

Capture.JPG

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The wind changed quite dramatically just after 14:00 and then the rain started very light rain, with no TS until 15:30.
Quite surprised at the persistent light rain that is now falling in PTA East.
Going to soak in nicely. Looks like the gurus were right after all. Started much later than originally suggested.
No sign of it letting up soon either.

Reactions: air

Arzy

Honorary Master
Meh, 5-10mm at most here in the south, barely enough to get wet

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Well it was much later than expected, and definitely way more widespread than I would have thought looking at the information I had this morning! :cool:

View attachment 930597
Did you not believe the models I posted earlier? Radar is only useful for short-range forecasts (1-3 hours), and the convection develops considerably during the day...

For those without access to radar, the EUMetsat images gives a nice overview, with frequent updates (15 min intervals). Caution, bandwidth heavy animation: https://eumetview.eumetsat.int/static-images/MSG/PRODUCTS/H03B/SOUTHERNAFRICA/

Segg

Expert Member
Did you not believe the models I posted earlier? Radar is only useful for short-range forecasts (1-3 hours), and the convection develops considerably during the day...

For those without access to radar, the EUMetsat images gives a nice overview, with frequent updates (15 min intervals). Caution, bandwidth heavy animation: https://eumetview.eumetsat.int/static-images/MSG/PRODUCTS/H03B/SOUTHERNAFRICA/
To be honest the way the forecasts have been changing lately I am skeptical of any forecasts apart from TAF's at the moment :laugh: The reason being they hold legal significance

Aharon

Executive Member
Bits and bobs all over Joburg. Nice at least.

Anything for tomorrow?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Had quite a downpour earlier it's nice and quiet now and warmed up a bit. Will see, either distant thunder or its a car revving