The 'Massive' Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

maxxis

Expert Member
TV room has a leaking roof and crappy electrical installation.

It needs to rain pretty hard for the leaking to start so I suspect water is getting into the chimneys and maybe runs along the trusses or something along those lines.

Pain to say the least.

Last night was a drizzle throughout the night from the looks of it. More predicted for today but only around 40% and less than 1mm. Nice and chilly this morning though.

Cius

Executive Member
Nice that at the start of the rainy season the Vaal is already at 78%. Less chance of water restrictions anyways.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Nice that at the start of the rainy season the Vaal is already at 78%. Less chance of water restrictions anyways.
Well would be nice if the rain was on that side, last year this time it was still hovering around 35%, Sinbad was taking pictures where it looked dry.

Neuk_

Executive Member
20mm last night in Parkhurst according to our rain gauge :cool: No signs of leaks after the last waterproofing I did to our kitchen skylight and our main garage roof but there is a lot more that I need to do.

minkukel

Expert Member
It needs to rain pretty hard for the leaking to start so I suspect water is getting into the chimneys and maybe runs along the trusses or something along those lines.

Pain to say the least.

Last night was a drizzle throughout the night from the looks of it. More predicted for today but only around 40% and less than 1mm. Nice and chilly this morning though.
TV room is IBR and lower than the tile part of the original roof. I'm in a datacenter from 12:00pm until sometime this weekend.