The 'Massive' Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Neuk_

Expert Member
We got 12mm yesterday in Parkhurst with only one real long down pour and luckily no serious leaking issues.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Total 36mm in Zwartkop's for the weekend.

Not much or as desired but it was good soaking rain.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Just rather cloudy, but there was a bit of rain last night, not sure how much though.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
24 mm this morning at 07:00, only 2 mm added overnight. Still raining steadily here. Pool is going to need a backwash soon.

Lupus

Honorary Master
24 mm this morning at 07:00, only 2 mm added overnight. Still raining steadily here. Pool is going to need a backwash soon.
Lucky :) my pool has now just gotten to above minimum mark. I've kept it at around that mark through winter thanks to the drought.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Anyone got any rain planned for the next few days? Wunderground seems to be under the impression that the next week will be unpleasantly Warm

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Last edited:

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Anyone got any rain planned for the next few days? Wunderground seems to be under the impression that the next week will be unpleasantly Warm
I'm planning some massive (tm) downpours.

However I am not sure if I will get permission for them to go ahead from the weather gods.

Segg

Expert Member
The lightning siren just went off at the Bryanston Country Club, when I was at the Higher Ground Restaurant earlier I saw a few small CB's

There is a small but powerful cell routing north-east. Unfortunately it looks like its going to miss me, and there is nothing more behind it :(

ENCA's weather people were spot on :) 2 days ago they mentioned the remote possibility of some thunderstorms for Gauteng this Saturday afternoon

fai.JPG

Lupus

Honorary Master
The lightning siren just went off at the Bryanston Country Club, when I was at the Higher Ground Restaurant earlier I saw a few small CB's

There is a small but powerful cell routing north-east. Unfortunately it looks like its going to miss me, and there is nothing more behind it :(

ENCA's weather people were spot on :) 2 days ago they mentioned the remote possibility of some thunderstorms for Gauteng this Saturday afternoon

View attachment 934644
Very remote, seems it's blown over here, was just thunder and a few drops