The 'Massive' Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Lupus

Honorary Master
So far I think we've had more rain then last year, which was more rain then the year before.

Segg

Expert Member
So far I think we've had more rain then last year, which was more rain then the year before.

I do remember reading somewhere that this season is our peak la nina pattern (wet) and we'll be transitioning back towards el nino (dry) from the end of this season. I.E very dry again around 2025/2026

Lupus

Honorary Master
I do remember reading somewhere that this season is our peak la nina pattern (wet) and we'll be transitioning back towards el nino (dry) from the end of this season. I.E very dry again around 2025/2026
Ah that makes sense

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Looks like the lightning took out most of the south. Standing on my balcony now and looking at Oakdene, Glenvista, Bassonia and Glenanda all without power.

Different substations so it's safe to assume a lot more areas. Hope this doesn't turn into a days-long thing...

God damn miracle that they managed to sort it out within 2 hours.

garyc

Expert Member
Have been seeing a lot of orange lightning during today’s festivities in PTA East. Has anyone else been getting this?

willsotaku

Meh might just be orange due to the heat its giving off i assume no expert on lightning but only logic i can apply to it

TedLasso

Expert Member
Argh so tired of the rain
Yup, not even 2 hours of rain and the pool is seriously overflowing. Now with loadshedding can't even dump water. Ah well let's see the chaos I wake up to tomorrow. Hoping water continues to flow away from house.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
WAs working on my daughter's roof today. Just managed to finish before the skies open up and dumped a lot of rain on Centurion.

maxxis

Expert Member
WAs working on my daughter's roof today. Just managed to finish before the skies open up and dumped a lot of rain on Centurion.
Yup. I currently have bricks and garbage bags covering leaks.

Hope to get at least some break in the next few days to get it fixed.