The 'Massive' Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Flanders

Honorary Master
Last night I heard the first rumble and thought it sounded like either thunder or an ATM being blown up somewhere. Thunder?! LOL, definitely an ATM.

When the second ATM exploded I needed to have a rethink.

The_MAC

Executive Member
Water temp was a cool 9 degrees this morning..

Strange how water temp almost plateaus, even when the air temp drops significantly. It will stay 9 degrees throughout winter (maybe 8 degrees) based on last years experience

1655286039019.png

mojoman

Expert Member
Hmmmm.....
Snow for Gauteng?
1f914.png

================
Our advanced snowfall forecast is showing a "possibility" of snow for Gauteng this coming weekend as a low-pressure system develops over Namibia.
Our weather models indicate chances of widespread snowfalls, rainfall and sleet across all 9 provinces including Southern #Namibia including a big icy snap for the country.
Lesotho and Afriski could see up to 20cm or more of snow.
Our snow maps also indicated some widespread snow across the Free State, the natal midlands, Gauteng, the North west and Southern Limpopo ALTHOUGH please keep in mind this forecast may still change drastically for better or worse.
Some areas could only see sleet and not snow and it is still too early to confirm this.
THIS IS AN ADVANCED FORECAST so it may very well still change closer to the event but we are monitoring and will keep you updated.

Flanders

Honorary Master
Hmmmm.....
Snow for Gauteng?
1f914.png

================
Our advanced snowfall forecast is showing a "possibility" of snow for Gauteng this coming weekend as a low-pressure system develops over Namibia.
Our weather models indicate chances of widespread snowfalls, rainfall and sleet across all 9 provinces including Southern #Namibia including a big icy snap for the country.
Our snow maps also indicated some widespread snow across the Free State, the natal midlands, Gauteng, the North west and Southern Limpopo ALTHOUGH please keep in mind this forecast may still change drastically for better or worse.
Some areas could only see sleet and not snow and it is still too early to confirm this.
THIS IS AN ADVANCED FORECAST so it may very well still change closer to the event but we are monitoring and will keep you updated.

Wouldn't the ANC have to F O A D? Oh no wait that's Jesus returning.

ebendl

Expert Member
Hmmmm.....
Snow for Gauteng?
1f914.png

================

My kids will be soooo glad.

Myself - I will be in the UK...

Cius

Executive Member
About a 5 min downpour in Boskruin and then it stopped. Redistributed the dust on my car a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: air

Creag

The Boar's Rock
About a 5 min downpour in Boskruin and then it stopped. Redistributed the dust on my car a bit.
This in Randpark Ridge ... and all the washing just got another drenching. That said, we still have a light rain falling. Getting washing done to day is not going to happen :(