The 'Massive' Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Why do you say that? Is it because your favourite App isn't predicting it?

The SAWS predictions have been pretty consistent about what we can expect today.

I checked now again, zero rain predicted for now. Anyway, enjoy the tlc weather

sand_man

Honorary Master
The thunder sounds and feels different tonight. Boomier, harder with a lot more reverberation. Anyone else sense that?

Varktjop

Expert Member
We only had 12mm last night. I was expecting more but we only got the tail-end of the storm, it seems. Bright blue skies this morning with no clouds in sight. It's already hot as balls, so it's going to be a scorcher today

Sinbad

Honorary Master
We only had 12mm last night. I was expecting more but we only got the tail-end of the storm, it seems. Bright blue skies this morning with no clouds in sight. It's already hot as balls, so it's going to be a scorcher today
Yup 31 forecast for here :(

Lupus

Honorary Master
The thunder sounds and feels different tonight. Boomier, harder with a lot more reverberation. Anyone else sense that?
Yeah it was louder than Saturdays but than again Saturday was accompanied by high winds, hail and rather heavy rain.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Ditto this side 16 mm but no power.
Fibre lines now all down.
Mobile networks are dropping. VC back to 3G, MTN still hanging on it seems.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Ditto this side 16 mm but no power.
Fibre lines now all down.
Mobile networks are dropping. VC back to 3G, MTN still hanging on it seems.
Wow after only 8 hours? Hate to be by your side? Here my fibre has held for really long outages. The only issue was FNB was useless pretty much anytime there is a power failure.