The 'Massive' Gauteng Weather and Storm Warning Thread!

Brian_G

Expert Member
You live close to the golf course? We probably stay within spitting distance of each other... which I'm not so happy about, because you most likely aren't wearing a face mask... :p
Mountain View, so about 3 k's, but we walk to your suburb quite often. Maskless of course :X3:
Usually use the Spar there. We could have stood next to each other, will never know.

Luke7777

Executive Member
One thing I love about this area, that storm auto warning war-siren that Houghton Golf Course sets off that we all hear.
I have Pretoria Country Club up the road from me. Can hear their lightning siren most of the time

APoc184

Honorary Master
Been coming down pretty hard in Garsfontein again in the last 30min.

Was thinking about going to the boeremark this morning but it'll be a mess with the kids and the mud.

APoc184

Honorary Master
What kind of a Boer are you? The muddy kids is what would motivate a real Boer to go to market today. ,
Lolz!

I'm clearly not original boer material then... I'll get my biltong and vetkoek fix next weekend. Without the muddy puddles!

APoc184

Honorary Master
Same. And Yahoo weather had it running throughout the night and the whole of today, their hourly forecast. About as accurate as a PCR covid test.
Yeah I've given up on any hourly forecast...or any forecast for rain for that matter.

Accuweather, Yr.no, Weawow,, etc. All way out!

They get the sunny days right at least.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Same. And Yahoo weather had it running throughout the night and the whole of today, their hourly forecast. About as accurate as a PCR covid test.
Yup was at 1 point 100%chance of rain last night on weatherSA and then it dropped was supposed to be 90% through out the night, unless they call a fine misty drizzling on and off now rain??
Cause it's supposed to rain the whole day as well.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yeah I've given up on any hourly forecast...or any forecast for rain for that matter.

Accuweather, Yr.no, Weawow,, etc. All way out!

They get the sunny days right at least.
Even that is questionable, the other day it said it was bright and sunny on the app, yet outside it was cloudy and gray, sure the next hour it changed :)

B-1

Expert Member
Rained on and off the whole of yesterday and has been raining constantly through the night in centurion as well. Everything is waterlogged at this point so wouldn't mind a few days of sun again.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Been softly raining through the whole night here by us in Garsfontein.

Swimming pool is completely full to the rim. And green!

Another 20mm.

So that is 80mm for us since Friday afternoon.
You're lucky it's been raining here, but not even enough to fill a birdbath :) it's weird, pool has barely moved since I backwashed it to just above the weir