The massive price cuts on FTTH in South Africa

ttygt

And in other "surprising" news, a new study has found that gravity is responsible for rainwater flowing down to sea-levels.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Massive number of South Africans can get FTTH.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Strange, seems prices aren't going down but up. A buddy is paying R799 for 100meg down 10up, I cannot find that deal any longer.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Wow... way to give me fomo :crylaugh:
First I can't get it, now I can't make use of the price cut.
+1.

Next up we are going to hear of all of the advantages of using Fibre, and how ADSL isn't good. Yet, we will still not have fibre available to most of the country.

Genisys

Honorary Master
To be fair, providers are rolling fibre out at an incredibly fast rate.
Indeed, the providers are rolling out so fast they are tripping over each over covering the same area that is already covered by another supplier. Yet a few KM down the road people are waiting and waiting for it to one day be rolled out to them, hoping they won't have to settle with ADSL and Wireless options. I find it silly.

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
Indeed, the providers are rolling out so fast they are tripping over each over covering the same area that is already covered by another supplier. Yet a few KM down the road people are waiting and waiting for it to one day be rolled out to them, hoping they won't have to settle with ADSL and Wireless options. I find it silly.

A lot is up to residents' organisations to organise and demonstrate the demand. That's what we did.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Not all communities operate the same.
And the ones that work together reap the rewards.

Posted from my middle class middle of the road 4800 home suburb that managed to be the 3rd or 4th suburb vuma rolled out to because of an active residents association that lobbied and canvassed.

Bogartxx

Fibre and ISP's in SA are a bit like selling cars cheap but not supplying petrol yo run them on. For god sake InfrastructureCompanies get your fingers out and ISPs stop telling us how cheap something you can't supply

adrianx

Expert Member

plus one!

ProfA

Honorary Master
850 for 20mb down 10mb up with 300gb cap crew checking in. stupid clickbait fake news.

Swa

Honorary Master
Actually those initial 1Gb links were uncontested business lines. Real world fibre prices haven't reduced by more than 20%, they just added more mediocre options to make it look like it did.