The massive rise of music streaming in South Africa

durbandave

For 89.99 to stream music to 5 family members it is worth the money. I use Apple Music which is great. Love the recommended playlists they provide.

Prof.Merlin

Expert Member
I tried using Simfy once. It was horrible. App forever crashed, search for songs and when you try play it tells you the song cannot be found. And nothing seems to be correctly sorted, with plenty of duplicates.

Almost feels like somebody just shoved their unorganized personal music collection into an app for streaming.

Ended up with Apple music and pretty happy for the last year or so.

klipdrifter

Music streaming will get a bigger boost if the mobile service providers can help with more data. My personal opinion is that one doesn't just want to use these services when you are at home with your ADSL / Fibre connection.

You want to be able to use it on the move and then you have to start using mobile data which is not cheap. Yes some streaming services allow you to download the music to your device, but then I ask why have a streaming service at all?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Wow, those are some impressive numbers that I just didn't expect.

So much for our "small market".

Makes you wonder how the video streaming numbers compare.

ajules

Expert Member
Apple Music at R89.99 is great value for money.Music streaming ftw

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Our household uses Google Music for R60pm which we share across 3 devices. We seldom stream at the same time, rather opting to create playlists which is downloaded on each device and can be played simultaneously.

SamWill

I can't agree more. I've been using Deezer and can't complain. Streaming FTW.

TSpeed

If you are a classic rock fan, you can listen to my station for free. 192, 128 and 64Kbits streaming options available. I've been on the air for a while now and you can find my station on tunein. just search for Rapid Rock Radio.
Alternative option url http://listen.rapidradio.co.za:8000/radio for 128Kbits. Enjoy

Thor

Honorary Master
I use deezer and it's a horrible UI and rarely works in a browser songs are also not always working often times songs in your favourites will not longer be available