The most popular browsers on PC and mobile

Jan

Drifting in the black
The most popular browsers on PC and mobile

Google Chrome is still the most popular Internet browser, according to data from NetMarketShare for April 2018.

Chrome leads both the mobile and desktop market, with over 60% market share across both platforms.

Safari is the main competitor to Chrome on mobile, with a market share of 27.00% – compared to Chrome’s market share of 63.12%.

Internet Explorer competes with Firefox for second place on desktop, and is currently ahead by less than 2%.

access

Executive Member
and firefox was the most popular when it was included with all the little app installations.

a lot of people dont even know theyre installing it. same with mcafee.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Which Apps installed Firefox? :confused:

I remember that with Chrome, but not with Firefox.

access

Executive Member
gees, i cant remember, it was all over the place though. after that it switched over to chrome. i think it was still during xp days

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
gees, i cant remember, it was all over the place though. after that it switched over to chrome. i think it was still during xp days
Doesn't seem likely because Firefox is pretty strict with their bundling policy.
You are allowed to distribute the unmodified installer, but distributing it as a bundle requires permission and Mozilla usually never gave permission for that.
The only site that installs it as a bundle that I know if is Ninite.com and then only if you select it.
Are you not maybe thinking of Opera?

access

Executive Member
Doesn't seem likely because Firefox is pretty strict with their bundling policy.
You are allowed to distribute the unmodified installer, but distributing it as a bundle requires permission and Mozilla usually never gave permission for that.
The only site that installs it as a bundle that I know if is Ninite.com and then only if you select it.
Are you not maybe thinking of Opera?
nope, it definitely was firefox. i was doing a lot of support back then. opera was few and far between

these most popular browser reports came out then too showing firefox as 1st. i commented then about it being bundled everywhere, might even be on this forum.(edit:nope i joined here 2009 i see now)

i think it was around 2007ish somewhere, thats when i came back from the uk. they can keep their island!