The Movie That Will Knock The Socks off The Atheist Community

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
A Movie Claiming to Debunk Evolution Features Pastors Who Don’t Understand It

In a trailer for a movie that “will knock the socks off of the Atheist Community,” a group of Christians explain why everyone who accepts evolution is obviously “confused.”

It’s telling that the only commenters in the trailer are ministers. I guess they couldn’t find any scientists to back them up. Don’t worry, though. They got Creationist Kent Hovind.

So… checkmate, Atheist Community.
Not that they were going to have credible arguments against it anyway, but notice how a lot of what they say in the trailer are things that have nothing to do with science itself. One preacher says, “Charles Darwin is clearly a racist,” as if the title of his book (which wasn’t even referring to the color of our skin) means the underlying ideas in it are false. Hovind also adds that people accept evolution because they want “freedom from God for their lifestyle.” These aren’t arguments against evolution. They’re distractions.

The awkwardly named “SCIENCE falsely so called” (a reference to 1 Timothy 6:20) will be out later this month.

So enjoy evolution while it lasts, I guess.
http://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

konfab

Honorary Master
The sad part for me with all the effort to "debunk evolution", is that the time and money could be spent addressing the stuff that religion can actually add something productive to. Like morality for example.

daveza

Honorary Master
Kent Hovind, the genius who believes dinosaurs went on the ark amongst other laughs.

Wiki

In the theory, dinosaurs and humans coexisted and Tyrannosaurus rex was a vegetarian prior to the fall of man.[30][46] Hovind expands upon the early 20th-century vapor canopy concept of a protective shield that made Earth a relative paradise between the expulsion from Paradise and Noah's flood.[47] The flood is expressed as a function of natural rather than miraculous processes.[48] Noah's family and two of every kind of animal[49] (including dinosaurs, which fit because babies were taken aboard and conditions allowed larger humans, making the ark's size, based on cubits, larger[50]) boarded Noah's ark before an ice meteor impacted the Earth. Fragments from the meteor caused planetary rings and impact craters on the moon and other solar system bodies.[51] The remainder were drawn to the North and South Poles by the Earth's magnetic field as cataclysmic snowfall which buried the mammoths standing up.[43][51] The ice on the poles cracked the Earth's crust, releasing the "fountains of the deep". According to Hovind, these events caused an ice age, and made the Earth wobble around, collapsing the vapor canopy that protected it.[52]

In the next few months of the flood, the dead animals and plants were buried, and became oil, coal, and fossils.[53] The last months of the flood included geological instability, when the plates shifted, forming ocean basins and mountain ranges. The Grand Canyon was formed in a couple of weeks during this time.[46]

You can't make this schyte up - yes you very much can.

johncgalloway

I get antsy and upset. I need to do stuff with my hands, otherwise I might strangle someone, so guess what... I'm going to learn how to knit socks.

Oh wait I don't have to, since they are still on my feet.

Vegetarian TRex.

I have not the vocabulary to adequately describe my disdain for these...

idjits.

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Die enigste manier wat ek my sokkies verloor is as ek oorskakel Joodisme toe, want alles wat hulle mos doen is "kouse".. :ROFL:

Last edited:

f2wohf

Honorary Master
What’s the atheist community?

It’s not like I make pilgrimages with other atheists or that I congregate every Sunday with atheists to pray on how we’re blessed thanks to believing in nothing!

I thought once of joining an extreme atheist, it’s believing in nothing but like really super hard.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
What’s the atheist community?

It’s not like I make pilgrimages with other atheists or that I congregate every Sunday with atheists to pray on how we’re blessed thanks to believing in nothing!

I thought once of joining an extreme atheist, it’s believing in nothing but like really super hard.
Atheists are also known to lie extensively about their congregations where they have orgies, drown cats and plot against religious people. You know it's true because they will deny it vociferously.

That's because they lack moral conviction except for the cat drowning, which is understandable

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Atheists are also known to lie extensively about their congregations where they have orgies, drown cats and plot against religious people. You know it's true because they will deny it vociferously.

That's because they lack moral conviction except for the cat drowning, which is understandable
I prefer drawing the blood of young muslim virgins, but only by myself. I don't like group activities.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I see Hovind is finally out of jail.

**** at both evolution and tax evasion...

Upstanding paragon of virtue. :rolleyes:

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Also, for anyone not familiar with Dr. Hovind:

Education

Patriot University

In 1971, he graduated from East Peoria Community High School in East Peoria, Illinois. He entered the accredited Illinois Central College, then transferred to the unaccredited Midwestern Baptist College in 1972, attaining a Bachelor of Religious Education in 1974.[1] In 1988 and 1991 respectively, Hovind received a master's degree and doctorate in Christian Education through correspondence from (also unaccredited) Patriot University in Colorado Springs, Colorado.[notes 1][9][10]
Having a website called "Dr. Dino" has provoked some academics to look closely at how Hovind presents his education and credentials. All his known degrees are from unaccredited institutions, and he has no training in paleontology.[11] Barbara Forrest, a professor of philosophy, expert on the history of creationism and activist in the creation-evolution controversy, wrote that Hovind's lack of training makes academic discussion impossible[10] and has said that his understanding of historical and scientific research is deficient.[12] Patriot University is a diploma mill.[12][13] Karen Bartelt, an organic chemistry professor who debated Hovind,[10] examined Hovind's dissertation and found it is incomplete,[notes 2] contains numerous spelling errors, lacks references, shows flawed reasoning, and states that it does not present any original research.[11][14][15]