The MyBB pay it forward thread

Should we add a name and shame list to the OP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Ok. So we all have tech stuff lying around that we don't use and can't be bothered to sell, so I thought we can just as well pay it forward.

Suggested rules:
1.) Don't ask for anything if you can't pay something forward.
2.) Only local regions, the whole purpose is to help so not costing money.
3.) Don't be greedy and try building up your home pc with this thread.
4.) Don't make your first post in here, only for the regulars to avoid getting shafted.
5.) This is not a request thread. So don't try to fulfill your wishlist.
6.) The official time stamp as per the dibs in the thread is the overriding rule. If you send a PM first and then call dibs, the time stamp from the thread will be used, where there is dispute.
7.)If you have sent a PM for an item, it must be stated within the thread. Failure to do so results in any PM dibs to be null and void.

The next post is reserved for those that have conducted themselves poorly and should be avoided.

Any more? I'm open to suggestions.

Will post my first product in the second post.

Last edited:

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
These users have abused the spirit of this thread before, please consider this before giving items away to them.

1 - TBD

Last edited:

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Nothing stopping the CT guys from posting as well. I was just thinking doing this as cheap as possible to help those in need.

Pho3nix

The Legend
Got a 2xhard-drives (One is ATA and one is SATA) and a netgear extender that I'm not using.
Will post more stuff when I get home that I'm not using.

DrewChan

Expert Member
I have a radeon 5770 GPU that seems faulty, it can play video through HDMI but freezes in games- maybe someone more savvy than me can fix it

Dr.G

Expert Member
Got a 2xhard-drives (One is ATA and one is SATA) and a netgear extender that I'm not using.
Keen on the extender if you in JHB :D

I have a whole box full of goodies will post when im home later

Geselskap

@Pho3nix howzit!

Let me know what province U are in...if U prefer not to disclose, let me know, so I can inbox.

Pho3nix

The Legend
I'm in JHB people so PM me if your keen :)

@Drew, try oven baking it, if that still doesn't work I might be keen on it. Building a new HTPC for my sister.

Pho3nix

The Legend
Cook it and eat it? Even if there was a fix would rather give it away - I have a 7850 now - although I guess it would be nice to give away a working GPU

So whats the oven fix? :D
Can't google at work Gaming stuff but if no one else posts the link, I'll do so when I get home.

DrewChan

Expert Member
google oven fixing a graphics card
Already did, think will send as is, don't have screw driver small enough to remove fan etc, Phoenix you're welcome to it - just know that its useless for games - lol