The MyBB pay it forward thread

Should we add a name and shame list to the OP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MyWorld

Executive Member
Anyone got an old wifi router that they want to get rid of?

I'm hooking up an elderly couple and the current wifi router has some strange issues authenticating some of the devices in the house.

Saajid

Expert Member
I've got an old Netgear WAN router with built-in WiFi (no ADSL). PM me if you're interested. I'm in Lenasia, Johannesburg.

MyWorld

Executive Member
Thanks a bunch, if nobody comes to the party with a ADSL enabled wifi router then I'll take you up on your offer.
:D

ponder

Honorary Master
Any of those AMD/ATI GPUs available? I need to do some experimentations in linux? PCIe or PCI slots available here ;)

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Any of those AMD/ATI GPUs available? I need to do some experimentations in linux? PCIe or PCI slots available here ;)
As posted in the free stuff thread:

I've got my old AMD 4650HD which borked the other day which I replaced. You are welcome to have it and "bake" it and see if you can fix it up. Or apply new thermal paste or what have you to it and see if it fixes up.

It BSOD' my box previously, so I'm not sure what it would do under Linux.

If you cover the postage/shipping costs for it, it's yours.

AwTroN

Does anyone perhaps have a spare router lying around?

I'm having the most bizarre issue, my adsl light is on, and I can see there is sync on the line, but I cannot seem to authenticate through to my ISP, so that my internet light goes on (it is off, no flashing no nothing).

I tested the pots filter yesterday, and no change.

So the only thing I can think is to now test my router, but I don't specifically want to go out and buy one, and then find that my router is just fine.

Thanks in advance! (I am in Randburg area)

nitesh

I have these lying around taking up space, so free to anyone willing to collect in PTA

2x xbox360 component hd av cable (generic)

8x leather galaxy tab7 (1st gen) cover

oh and a few of them SA flag for going over your car mirrors......cant remember how i ended up with these

cerebus

Honorary Master
I'm looking desperately for a 775 board that supports quad core CPUs. Willing to pay. I'm trying a lot of places just thought to check in here too. Thanks

googoodoll

Executive Member
Not sure if this is the right place but I'm looking for a socket 478 motherboard preferably with a PCI-E or AGP slot in PTA.

Don't know how I can pay it forward though...

AwTroN

Does anyone perhaps have a spare router lying around?

I'm having the most bizarre issue, my adsl light is on, and I can see there is sync on the line, but I cannot seem to authenticate through to my ISP, so that my internet light goes on (it is off, no flashing no nothing).

I tested the pots filter yesterday, and no change.

So the only thing I can think is to now test my router, but I don't specifically want to go out and buy one, and then find that my router is just fine.

Thanks in advance! (I am in Randburg area)
No longer need this, thanks :)

Zewp

Banned
Same as Cerebus, it seems I'm looking for a 775 mobo that supports dual-core. Everywhere I look, shops either don't stock them or charge ridiculous prices.

rrh

Expert Member
VB6 books

If anyone in the Johannesburg area would like some books on VB6 please PM me before I dump them.

Thanks

Luke7777

Executive Member
2 PCs

Been cleaning up under the table :) Have 2 of the following ....

2013-09-24 12.54.43.jpg2013-09-24 15.39.43.jpg

A8N VM mb (Socket 939)

Office 2007 Home & Student Edition (3 licences)
Windows XP Home (unfortunately only 1 copy)

A bit dusty, but fully functional. I've left Windows installed, but removed everything else

PM me if you want it (all or nothing)

/update - They found a new home.......

Last edited:

cerebus

Honorary Master
I forgot to thank keeper who came to my aid remarkably with the motherboard requirement (plus some other bits). Sorry i didn't get a chance to meet up in person but thanks.

chrisc

Executive Member
USB 3.0 enclosure with 2.5" 160Gb SATA hard disc. USB 3.0 cable Cape Town

|tera|

Master of Messengers
AMD 4650 HD 512Mb with Hyper Memory, Served me well for years. Which caused my PC to BSOD. I haven't tried to bake it, remove the heat sink and reapply new thermal paste or any physical DIY fix.

If you want to try to fix it yourself, you are welcome to have it. Pay the postage and it's yours, unless you live close by, which I doubt :)

MyWorld

Executive Member
This is going to be some read, so bear with me.

A month or so ago I build a second hand PC for an elderly receptionist at a local school, long story short, they survived a farm attack where her husband fought off the attackers (70) and they made off with a little loot.
As the assailants fled they chucked the PC into a nearby veld, probably to lighten the load for the get-away, doing a little damage to the LCD screen, there is a chip in the screen film, but it still works, but the VGA port of the PC came undone and now you have to hold the cable at weird angles to get a signal. Luckily the hdd and the rest of the components survived.

What I'm looking for is a cheap, entry level PCI-e graphics card to replace the onboard display. Anyone have anything lying around and willing to share?