The MyBB pay it forward thread

Should we add a name and shame list to the OP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lupus

Honorary Master
Telkom DSL 2750u up for grabs, Randburg/Roodepoort area. It's been sitting for sometime just doing nothing, couldn't get it to work with my Fibre nor as a repeater so might need to flash it or something.

howardb

Expert Member
UPDATE:

@Nobody Important has taken the Kindle and case - enjoy!
@Lupus is taking the Oncor Christmas Tree this week

All other items listed are still available to good homes:
1. Ritzenhoff "Cats" Cat Bowl
3. DSTV DSD-1311 Decoder
4. Leadtek Winfast PVR2000
5. Leadtek Winfast PVR2000XP
9. "Carry On" complete DVD Collection (including the magazine for each film. Full De Agostini set)

@tRoN and @Daruk - I found an old thermal-type printer in the top of a cupboard this weekend - it was bought years ago in the UK; I think I tested it back then, but don't think I every really used it to be honest - will take some photos later and post the details - if either of you are interested, let me know.
Open to others/collectors who may also be looking for older retro stuff ;)

RedViking

Nord of the South
Sadly my wife and I cant take care of the doggies anymore. With the increase in rent, petrol etc. nevermind Dogfood we have to make a very difficult decision.... :(:crying:

So I am putting theme up here knowing they will find a good home. If you can just organise transport.

Item 1:
This is a beautiful black one, a little bit fat, but loves to be cuddled:
IMG_20181218_214900-01.jpeg

Item 2:
Basset. Also a very loving doggy and likes to play with kiddies.

IMG_20190301_160905-01.jpeg

:cautious::crying:

Edit: Happy April Fools. I will rather die of hunger.

Last edited:

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Sadly my wife and I cant take care of the doggies anymore. With the increase in rent, petrol etc. nevermind Dogfood we have to make a very difficult decision.... :(:crying:

So I am putting theme up here knowing they will find a good home. If you can just organise transport.

Item 1:
This is a beautiful black one, a little bit fat, but loves to be cuddled:
View attachment 640318

Item 2:
Basset. Also a very loving doggy and likes to play with kiddies.

View attachment 640320

:cautious::crying:
Sorry to hear RedViking :( hopefully someone can take them.

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
I thought as much but thought even @RedViking wouldn't stoop so low on a April Fool joke regarding furbabies.
Must say you caught me out :ROFL::laugh::ROFL::laugh: - you Sir are a Tosser :)

Daruk

Honorary Master
UPDATE:

@Nobody Important has taken the Kindle and case - enjoy!
@Lupus is taking the Oncor Christmas Tree this week

All other items listed are still available to good homes:
1. Ritzenhoff "Cats" Cat Bowl
3. DSTV DSD-1311 Decoder
4. Leadtek Winfast PVR2000
5. Leadtek Winfast PVR2000XP
9. "Carry On" complete DVD Collection (including the magazine for each film. Full De Agostini set)

@tRoN and @Daruk - I found an old thermal-type printer in the top of a cupboard this weekend - it was bought years ago in the UK; I think I tested it back then, but don't think I every really used it to be honest - will take some photos later and post the details - if either of you are interested, let me know.
Open to others/collectors who may also be looking for older retro stuff ;)
That Ritzenhoff Cat Bowl is mighty tempting. We have three spoiled cats. If you still have the box and don't mind taping it closed I can send couriers?
I'll likely give the printer a miss but thanks for the offer!

howardb

Expert Member
That Ritzenhoff Cat Bowl is mighty tempting. We have three spoiled cats. If you still have the box and don't mind taping it closed I can send couriers?
I'll likely give the printer a miss but thanks for the offer!
Yep, still boxed up - will see if it needs any additional soft wrapping and PM you the dimensions/weight.
Cool, will post the printer details later for others that may be interested ;)

Zuner

Expert Member
Telkom DSL 2750u up for grabs, Randburg/Roodepoort area. It's been sitting for sometime just doing nothing, couldn't get it to work with my Fibre nor as a repeater so might need to flash it or something.
Hmmm pity its not gigabit, i need a gigabit router, as for the flashing would like to tinker with it, could be helpful but don't want to take it from someone who needs it more, so i would like it, but only if there are no other takers.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Yep, still boxed up - will see if it needs any additional soft wrapping and PM you the dimensions/weight.
Cool, will post the printer details later for others that may be interested ;)
I might be interested. So please do post details. =)

howardb

Expert Member
Sinclair Timex 2040 Printer - for the ZX Spectrum 48K
Still in box and styrene - bought in the UK in 1987 - original paper roll, used once or twice.
Original power supply included and manual also included - no SA plug (bare wires - fit your own ;) ) have not powered up to test it...

Collection only (JHB - Randburg/Florida North)
Would rather not courier...I have no box that it would fit into...

Spectrum Timex1.jpg
Spectrum Timex2.jpg

howardb

Expert Member
Ok, also found some more "cupboard" items... I honestly cannot believe what I've accrued over the years!! :D
Going to list separately...

10. UltraGen UG3200 inverter, 24v, 2000w - used for 2 years, but now makes a buzzing noise when Eksdom goes off - my 100ah DC31's were knackered in any event, so it may be the batteries caused the buzzing when it's trying to charge them... if someone can use it/fix it, feel free to collect

NOTE: this thing weighs 21 kg's so no courier or packaging up - collection in Randburg/Florida North
ONLY

UltraGen 3200_4.jpg
UltraGen 3200_1.jpg
UltraGen 3200_2.jpg
UltraGen 3200_3.jpg

RedViking

Nord of the South
Sinclair Timex 2040 Printer - for the ZX Spectrum 48K
Still in box and styrene - bought in the UK in 1987 - original paper roll, used once or twice.
Original power supply included and manual also included - no SA plug (bare wires - fit your own ;) ) have not powered up to test it...

Collection only (JHB - Randburg/Florida North)
Would rather not courier...I have no box that it would fit into...

View attachment 640510
View attachment 640512
Oh! THAT printer! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

howardb

Expert Member
11. Planet Network Card and WAP unit - bought ages ago and never used them.
There is no power supply for the WAP, cannot find it. uses 5v DC at 2.5A
In their boxes.

Collection from Randburg/Florida North or send your own courier.

Planet Network Card1.jpg
Planet Network Card2.jpg
Planet WAP2.jpg
Planet WAP1.jpg

howardb

Expert Member
12. Cooler Master CM690 II case - used, bit dusty, no front covers, otherwise everything pretty much intact.

EDIT: Found all the front covers, rear slot covers and box of other bits including the VGA holder, stiffy drive cover panel, screws, zip-ties, etc - pretty much complete now...
Clear side panel - fans probably need replacing...

NOTE: due to size, and me not having a box big enough, collection in Randburg/Florida North ONLY

CoolerMaster CM690_3.jpg
CoolerMaster CM690_1.jpg
CoolerMaster CM690_2.jpg

Last edited:

Zuner

Expert Member
Ok, also found some more "cupboard" items... I honestly cannot believe what I've accrued over the years!! :D
Going to list separately...

10. UltraGen UG3200 inverter, 24v, 2000w - used for 2 years, but now makes a buzzing noise when Eksdom goes off - my 100ah DC31's were knackered in any event, so it may be the batteries caused the buzzing when it's trying to charge them... if someone can use it/fix it, feel free to collect

NOTE: this thing weighs 21 kg's so no courier or packaging up - collection in Randburg/Florida North ONLY

View attachment 640526
View attachment 640520
View attachment 640522
View attachment 640524
30amp charger nice!