The MyBB pay it forward thread

Should we add a name and shame list to the OP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abudabi

Expert Member
Hey look.. the PIF thread has some activity. And that reminds me. Lets spread the christmas cheer.

I have a sealed vodacom R216 mifi that's been sitting here gathering dust for a long time. Who wants it in fourways/olivedale/randburg area?

WAslayer

Expert Member
Hey look.. the PIF thread has some activity. And that reminds me. Lets spread the christmas cheer.

I have a sealed vodacom R216 mifi that's been sitting here gathering dust for a long time. Who wants it in fourways/olivedale/randburg area?
I'll dibs this, willing to pay shipping..

abudabi

Expert Member
Cool, happy to aramex it... but just checking. Are we not enforcing rule no 2 anymore?

WAslayer

Expert Member
Cool, happy to aramex it... but just checking. Are we not enforcing rule no 2 anymore?
I don't believe so.. a lot of pif's have been shipped over the past few months..

Of course, it's totally up to the piffer if they want to enforce rule no 2 or not..

Daruk

Honorary Master
I'd say it's entirely up to the giver. I live in East London - I often hold things for people coming from PE or allow them to send a courier. We don't have many forumites here.
I would suggest #2 should read 'at the giver's discresion'. I've suggested an edit to the OP.
It's usually better if the recipient arranges the courier. I don't think it's fair to ask the sender to arrange the logistics if someone wants it sent to them.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
I have a Wireless Camera and receiver up for PIF that I received from here over a year ago.

Not using it anymore as I got IP camera. Bear in mind it's really old so the video quality isn't that great. I had used it just to check who's at my front door. Have the box and everything for it.

I'm in CT, Northern Suburbs. Willing to ship via Aramex if you pay.

saor

Honorary Master
It's usually better if the recipient arranges the courier. I don't think it's fair to ask the sender to arrange the logistics if someone wants it sent to them.
No ways...if I'm sending something I don't want the recipient arranging the courier. Becomes a headache. Rather just pay me for the courier and I'll arrange and do it on my own time etc.

ponder

Honorary Master
No ways...if I'm sending something I don't want the recipient arranging the courier. Becomes a headache. Rather just pay me for the courier and I'll arrange and do it on my own time etc.
Either way, whatever is more convenient for the sender. I've done both before, I prefer the R99 cash though so I can just drop it off at postnet when convenient for me.

rodga

Executive Member
Same prefer organising courier/shipping from my side as seller. No need to wait around for couriers that may never come.

Also there dsv Dropbox at some engen garages. That will send it to the persons door for R95.

rodga

Executive Member
Same prefer organising courier/shipping from my side as seller. No need to wait around for couriers that may never come.

Also there dsv Dropbox at some engen garages. That will send it to the persons door for R95.

Craig

Honorary Master
I have a Wireless Camera and receiver up for PIF that I received from here over a year ago.

Not using it anymore as I got IP camera. Bear in mind it's really old so the video quality isn't that great. I had used it just to check who's at my front door. Have the box and everything for it.

I'm in CT, Northern Suburbs. Willing to ship via Aramex if you pay.
Is this easy to set up? I have two old 52 cm tv's if I can set it up on one. I'll pif the other TV.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Is this easy to set up? I have two old 52 cm tv's if I can set it up on one. I'll pif the other TV.
It's fairly easy, connect the receiver to the TV with RCA cables then fiddle with the antenna and tune the frequency on the receiver until the picture is clear.

The camera can be powered by a 9V battery if you don't want to run cables for the power adaptor.

Craig

Honorary Master
It's fairly easy, connect the receiver to the TV with RCA cables then fiddle with the antenna and tune the frequency on the receiver until the picture is clear.

The camera can be powered by a 9V battery if you don't want to run cables for the power adaptor.
Cool, I'll take it if it's fine with you.

I also have one extra old 52cm TV to pif if anyone wants it. Samsung.

I'm in stellenbosch. I'll send you a pm tomorrow.

David101

Item 1: Dstv HD PVR 2 P Decoder
Age and condition: Not sure +- 2 yrs plus. Excellent condition. Was sitting in a tv cabinet. Remote and power-supply included. I switched it on and it works, obviously not much as Smart card deactivated
Do you include packaging: No
Warranty: Nope
FIL cancelled Dstv a month ago and asked met to bin it as CashConverters not interested
Collection please

Item 2: Multichoice DualView I
Very old. Very good condition. Was sitting in a tv cabinet. No remote. Power-cable. I switched it on and it still works
Packaging No
Been sitting on the shelf since I canned Dstv years ago
Do you include packaging: No
Collection please

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr M

Poynting High Gain Antenna - Model LPDA-A0021-01

Free to anyone who might need it.

Comes with +- 5m antenna cable with pigtail connector as in pic

Collection preferred.

saor

Honorary Master
Midi keyboard - no cables, uses standard usb.
Akai LPD8 - broken usb connector, not sure if can be fixed or not.
2 x wii nunchucks
DVD's
Books