The new 5G router from Vodacom - Nokia FastMile 5G

Hanno Labuschagne

Staff member
The new 5G router from Vodacom - Nokia FastMile 5G

Vodacom recently launched its 5G mobile network in South Africa, offering fixed-wireless 5G packages which include a 5G Wi-Fi router from Nokia.

This router is called the Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway and offers high-speed 5G connectivity paired with low-latency, high-speed Wi-Fi connectivity for end-user devices.

Vodacom's 24-month 5G packages that include the Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway are R300 cheaper than the same packages paired with a Huawei 5G CPE Pro.

powermzii

Expert Member
Would be interesting to have a technical comparison of the 2, 4G and 5G throughput and WiFi capabilities etc... Since many of us won't ever be bale to afford / have the sense to not take out 36month Vodacom contracts

r00igev@@r

Expert Member
At first glance I thought it was an over-sized roll of toilet paper then when the cover was off I realized it was a chicken cooker! :p

Last edited:

Joseph matane

Maybe i read fast but i didn't see theoretical DL and UL speeds
Which could have been interesting to know too
If i was Vodacom i could be having a promotion that will make me richer fast lol
Example pay upfront fee for the Router R14499 and get doubled data

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Yuu

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Looking at my cost price from Vodacom with the Nokia and the Huawei compared the Huawei is vrek expensive. But as @cavedog mentioned somewhere in a thread the other day, the Huawei supports aggregating 5G bands with 4G bands, so you will most likely get better speed on the Huawei. But I suppose that also needs to be supported network side, which we are not sure if it is.

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
Does anyone know the variant of the router that Vodacom is selling?

I like to have an accurate picture of what is on offer in SA.

(e.g it would say something like 3TG00077BB).