The new features coming to WhatsApp

Craig

Honorary Master
Whatsapp is dead on my phone. It suddenly stopped working, cutting me off from my messages.
I might have the dog by the tail here, but are you not the druggie with the old iPhone? For some reason I recall this from an old thread, might have the wrong user though.

sajunky

Honorary Master
It's a subtle message from your gchq watchers... Get a new phone.
Fail. Wrong advise. You can't restore your messages with this method.

Why you care, anyway? Just accept a message.

Whatsapp just stopped working displaying splash screen on the startup "upgrade whatsapp", but there is no updated version on Apple Store. In other words, all my chats are gone.

Important things, one month before it happen there was a new version which I installed, but it didn't bring any improvements, so I am pretty sure, the update was made solely for one purpose: to implant a kill-switch. They didn't even give a chance to backup my messages, just the app abruply stopped working. It is how Whatsapp threat users.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master

Whatsapp just stopped working displaying splash screen on the startup "upgrade whatsapp", but there is no updated version on Apple Store. In other words, all my chats are gone.

Important things, one month before it happen there was a new version which I installed, but it didn't bring any improvements, so I am pretty sure, the update was made solely for one purpose: to implant a kill-switch. They didn't even give a chance to backup my messages, just the app abruply stopped working. It is how Whatsapp threat users.
Weird... Gchq clearly messed up then... I shall have to chat with them about this event.. They could have just removed the dodgy message, must have been a rookie that was tasked with correcting the mess.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master

You do realize that WhatsApp does a version check on their servers when fetching messages, right? So it will display upgrade until you do, and your phone no longer supports WhatsApp.

It's a hint, your phone has gone the way of the Symbian. Upgrade the phone.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
You do realize that WhatsApp does a version check on their servers when fetching messages, right? So it will display upgrade until you do, and your phone no longer supports WhatsApp.

It's a hint, your phone has gone the way of the Symbian. Upgrade the phone.
His GCHQ handlers clearly want that, but MOSSAD and the CIA are not so keen... they don't have backdoors into the new phones yet...

irBosOtter

Expert Member

What phone do you have and what version of OS? It's not whatsapp stopping you from upgrading, you are probably on a old verion of Android/iOS, that's what's stopping you...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
What phone do you have and what version of OS? It's not whatsapp stopping you from upgrading, you are probably on a old verion of Android/iOS, that's what's stopping you...
iPhone 4 if he is to be believed... because its the 3310 of the iPhones and is the last good iPhone ever made..

sajunky

Honorary Master
The all issue is about not warning about terminating service (which in fact happened intentionally), that would allow to backup messages. There is also an indication of mischievous update with embedded kill switch triggered a month after updating the app to the latest version.

This is what everybody should be aware and expect from Facebook, owners of Whatsapp.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
The all issue is about not warning about terminating service (which in fact happened intentionally), that would allow to backup messages. There is also an indication of mischievous update with embedded kill switch triggered a month after updating the app to the latest version.

This is what everybody should be aware and expect from Facebook, owners of Whatsapp.
Facebook own Whatsapp?

You lie, I thought Google owned Whatsapp...

Damnit, I need to move my data.... I don't like Facebook, they're worse that Micro$oft