The New Golf (2017 - Mk 7.5)

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I always find it hilarious when some people that drive a POS comment on how crap a GTI is but they've never even owned one or even driven one :)
Depends on what you value in a car. For a car needs to look good and not be too common. A GTI is very common and looks like a Golf.

My car is not my daily, instead I use a 2014 Silverback Sola 1 to get around. In some regards it is better than a GTI.

3lOH55A

Expert Member
Depends on what you value in a car. For a car needs to look good and not be too common. A GTI is very common and looks like a Golf.

My car is not my daily, instead I use a 2014 Silverback Sola 1 to get around. In some regards it is better than a GTI.
So because it's common, does it make it a bad vehicle?

Am happy that you're able to cycle to work and back. Some of us aren't that fortunate. Just watch out for them GTI drivers, they seem to run over cyclist

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
It does not make it a bad vehicle, but rather a bland vehicle. However for many there is actually a sense of reassurance seeing many of them around. As I said, depends what you want from a car.

The Sola is a mountain bike, it roams the rocky trails and bumpy single tracks... no GTI drivers up there.

kripstoe

Expert Member
So because it's common, does it make it a bad vehicle?

Am happy that you're able to cycle to work and back. Some of us aren't that fortunate. Just watch out for them GTI drivers, they seem to run over cyclist
Just nod and smile. I find the posts by Roux, Drifter, Ubercal and qscwbt entertaining. They're also usually the first ones to reply in a VAG related thread. ;)

Cr419

Executive Member
Just nod and smile. I find the posts by Roux, Drifter, Ubercal and qscwbt entertaining. They're also usually the first ones to reply in a VAG related thread. ;)
They probably yearn to drive VW's, but are scared of being made fun of after years of trolling.

kripstoe

Expert Member
They probably yearn to drive VW's, but are scared of being made fun of after years of trolling.
Ag, don't really care or mind their motivation. A big bonus is that their posts keep the threads at the top of the Motoring and Transportation section. This one is what... 38 pages. Thanks guys.

ubercal

Expert Member
Ag, don't really care or mind their motivation. A big bonus is that their posts keep the threads at the top of the Motoring and Transportation section. This one is what... 38 pages. Thanks guys.
In the end if you drive a VW its your loss not mine :crylaugh:

Anyway on a side note ...you know why okes in GTIs and Rs always try and dice me ? There cars are so boring that the only excitment they can generate is by having a dice.But with my car , all i need is a road and to just drive it , that in itself is fun.The reason being is i drive a "real drivers car". :crylaugh:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
^2 words. "Centre pipes". If they have that it means they are pretty much always up for a dice.

And Scooby lovers are always "prey" lol

ubercal

Expert Member
Ya i know those center pipe ones are real quick.It takes a mental amounts of scoobie mods and money to keep up with those dam germans.Only a downpipe and tune and it turns that german into a rocket.Ive made peace with the fact that those cars are generally faster then most scoobs , but the difference is a scoob is so much more fun and driver focused , plus a scoob looks a million times better.

SharkBait

Executive Member
In the end if you drive a VW its your loss not mine :crylaugh:

Anyway on a side note ...you know why okes in GTIs and Rs always try and dice me ? There cars are so boring that the only excitment they can generate is by having a dice.But with my car , all i need is a road and to just drive it , that in itself is fun.The reason being is i drive a "real drivers car". :crylaugh:
"In the end, it doesn't even matter - Linkin Park" :D

As long as you are happy with your car. Stop thinking you are better then the next person, we all live in a sh*thole anyway. :p

kripstoe

Expert Member
Ya i know those center pipe ones are real quick.It takes a mental amounts of scoobie mods and money to keep up with those dam germans.Only a downpipe and tune and it turns that german into a rocket.Ive made peace with the fact that those cars are generally faster then most scoobs , but the difference is a scoob is so much more fun and driver focused , plus a scoob looks a million times better.
Having driven both on Killarney, I agree and disagree. It depends on what you like.

Drifter

Honorary Master
So if the first one was so crappy, how come you bought another 2?
Only way I could get out of the deal with the first one, was to trade it on another one. The 2nd one was a pretty damn good car, but VW service was even worse than Ford.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I didn't get this award, Would have thought the Audi would win.
Same platform, same drivetrain. Audi has the advantage of a maintenance plan & arguably better (subjective) build quality. MSRP of the F/lift 8V A3 has shot up drastically also. So I understand why the Golfie would win.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Audi A3 vs VW Golf Head-to-Head - Carwow

[video=youtube_share;Pkg6JnkW7aA]https://youtu.be/Pkg6JnkW7aA[/video]

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Golf GTI original review - CarAdvice

[video=youtube_share;-ZX5jpi47_s]https://youtu.be/-ZX5jpi47_s[/video]