nazmo

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Overdone HDR, check
Too much filter, check
bird in the shot, check
vrrrppa, check

facepalm, check

Gti is a gti because it's all round appeal and ability. its slowly becoming the wrong type of stereotype
That's why I posted it lol

FiestaST

Honorary Master
The essence of Vrrphaaa : Is the Volkswagen Golf GTI still the ultimate everyday hot hatch?

These days, conversations usually start on social media.

And a fellow motoring hack's Facebook update got me thinking about this article.

He said: "One often forgets why the Volkswagen Golf GTI is this country's most loved hot hatch. That is, until one drives it again. What a thing."

For people that enjoy cars, it's about how they make us feel when we drive them. And the GTI, well it makes me want to drive all the time.

The seventh iteration of the GTi produces 169kW and 350Nm.

So yeah, it's not the most powerful hot hatch on sale but it punches above its weight. There's a large amount of torque under your right foot that entices me like a bulging mutton salomie from my favourite takeout spot.

One final drive

I'll be taking our GTI on one last sporty drive in the next few weeks, so look out for that video and driving impression and follow us on social media.

It'll be on a mountain pass, possibly Franschhoek or even Clarence Drive on the False Bay coast. Both are brilliant roads where the GTI can show its sporty side. It should be fun.

https://www.wheels24.co.za/NewModel...till-the-ultimate-everyday-hot-hatch-20190523

GTI 1.png GTI 2.png GTI 3.png