the new hubble!

Praeses

Expert Member
JWST

JWST is named after James E Webb, Nasa Administrator during the Apollo lunar exploration era; he served from 1961 to 1968
It will be placed 1.5m km from Earth, at Lagrange Point 2, an area of gravitational balance that keeps it in a Sun-Earth line
The telescope will be shaded from sunlight by a shield, enabling it to stay cold, increasing its sensitivity to infrared radiation
Three principal instruments will gather images of the Universe in the infrared region of the spectrum
These will yield new information about how stars and galaxies first formed a few hundred million years after the Big Bang
I cant wait! due 2013!! Just around the corner. :)

Praeses

Expert Member
depends on what your idea of just around the corner is... :p
true. SO much is going to happen in my life till then....maybe I'll be resting in my grave? I hope not...can't wait for the utterly yummy piccies it's gonna take! New backgrounds ftw

Angstrom

depends on what your idea of just around the corner is... :p
And assumming they don't have the same teething troubles as the Hubble had. Was it the main mirror that failed to focus?

Sounds brilliant though! The more we can observe, the more we learn.

dablakmark8

Honorary Master
the more we learn the more our mindstate increases.
there are no little green men out there....no matter how we see it,I mean we cannot see as far as we spit.