The new Nissan X-Trail launches in South Africa

Sneeky

Honorary Master
I used to have an older model, pleasant to drive around but went through 2 turbo's and a clutch. Sorta cured me of Nissan.

HBee

Expert Member
Article says nothing about off-road, but just looking at it, i would wager it is horrible off-road.

raind33r

Expert Member
2.5 Petrol
[video=youtube;bXjhso1S-Tc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXjhso1S-Tc[/video]

raind33r

Expert Member
1.6 Diesel
[video=youtube;Afod5RYkjWc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afod5RYkjWc[/video]

ForceFate

Honorary Master
The front overhang looks fragile for off-road use. Looks decent though. And pricing is relatively good for a car its size.

krycor

Honorary Master
The front overhang looks fragile for off-road use. Looks decent though. And pricing is relatively good for a car its size.
yea.. was funny is the QashQai is in the same-ish bracket. weird. But looking at the console I feel sad.. why still no Android/Apple integration??

PS. I'd rather go for the Subaru XV 2018

Last edited:

thechamp

Honorary Master
yea.. was funny is the QashQai is in the same-ish bracket. weird. But looking at the console I feel sad.. why still no Android/Apple integration??

PS. I'd rather go for the Subaru XV 2018
They are actually the same car in some overseas market, the Xtrail is called the Rougue and the Qashqai is the Rogue Sports.

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Yah the stripped version really is lack luster. The ‘Premium’ one is awesome tho.. **one day when the rand does well and I have money haha.
Test drove one today, 2.0i-S ES (Eyesight) CVT, very very nice.
Never owned a Subaru, my only concern is the limited number of dealers, and it does not have a stellar motorplan (3yrs/75000km) but it is super loaded with useful features and the interior is sublime.

krycor

Honorary Master
Test drove one today, 2.0i-S ES (Eyesight) CVT, very very nice.
Never owned a Subaru, my only concern is the limited number of dealers, and it does not have a stellar motorplan (3yrs/75000km) but it is super loaded with useful features and the interior is sublime.
Yea very true. Given the choose id go for it. Ugh maybe if the stars align and money came out of nowhere and economy did great.