The next Springbok Coach

Markd

Expert Member
So with P.Divvy stepping aside, the quest for a new coach for the national side will begin before too long.

Who do you think would be best placed, realistically, to be the new Bok coach?

etwylite

Alistair Coetzee - should have got the job ahead of divvy Dally in the first place.

Nicci

Honorary Master
I would like Rassie Erasmus or John Mitchell to be coach.

Avenue

Expert Member
Heyneke Meyer - he was short listed ahead of Divvy, but of course wasn't the right colour.

BrokenLink

Alistair Coetzee probably, Heyneke is still just as white as he was when they picked Divvy over him.....cant see them making him coach now. Atleast Alistair has the ability and experience to coach.

Markd

Expert Member
fair point! If its a color based thing, then I'd go with Alistair too.

Peon

Expert Member
Rassie, its obvious imo. Thats why they brought him in a few months ago. IE: simple gradual transfer of the reigns. Heyneke is I reckon is focused on the bulls and still has a bit of a stiff lip from losing out 4 years ago. Alistair is 2cm away from being ready. If he can nail a currie cup or S15 then he's ready.

Rassie has not nailed a S15 but is responsible for pulling the cheetahs right since 2005 when he got involved. Indirectly I believe the Stormers resurgence these last 3 years has alot to do with his input as well.

Besides Rassie is tacticly so slimy not even the sea could wash him clean.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Coetzee has not won a Super anything or a CC, let's not have another Snor on our hands ...... Rassie prolly looking best atm.

R13...

Honorary Master
Much respect to Div for knowing 'there's a time to come and a time to go'.

Penquin

Expert Member
If he only knew his time to have gone was 2 years ago already.

My vote goes for Heyneke. Took the Bulls from Super rugby wooden spooners to champions. He has the big match temperament and know what to say at finals, halftime in change rooms. He also excellent at spotting talent.

Devill

Damned
A combo team with Rassie and Heyneke, but if it has to be non white then allistor.

Pitbull

Verboten
Rassie or Heyneke Meyer.

I do believe SARFU should now step up and admit they made a mistake by not making Heyneke Meyer the coach 4 years back and rectify that now by making him coach.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Coetzee has not won a Super anything or a CC, let's not have another Snor on our hands ...... Rassie prolly looking best atm.

By that logic Rassie also shouldn't be chosen as Heineke is the only one winning a Super title and it is the highest level of competition in SA.

P

Picard

Let's hope for at least someone who can speaks Engrish very deliciously.

Pitbull

Verboten
Let's hope for at least someone who can speaks Engrish very deliciously.

Might not be the case...

Nass Botha hinted on FB that he might be applying for the Coaching job.
He'll get my vote :)

JasonK

Mark my words, SARU will make under20 bok coach new coach, Eric sauls they love giving bok reigns to ex under 20 and 21 coaches!!

Hope I'm wrong though!