The next step - What do you think the government should do?

What do you think the government should do?

• Move back to level 5

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Stay on level 4

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Move to level 3

Votes: 86 31.3%
  • Move to level 2

Votes: 60 21.8%
  • Move to level 1

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Stop the lockdown completely until a later date

Votes: 71 25.8%

• Total voters

krycor

Honorary Master
There is no way in hell gauteng's numbers are so low. There's almost no prevention happening up here.
I smell a politically motivated rat.

It will show up in numbers.. hiv rate is highest in KZN, lowest in WC. With this disease you’ll see that part of the population along with elderly and diabetics & cardiovascular complication patients having a higher death rate.

Last I checked death rate is easily checked regardless of official narrative and with a trend line prior we can eas8ly see what happens

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Way I see it.. they will take country to level 3, provincial & municipal dependent on managing legislator with domestic travel between municipal areas restricted.

Personally I think they should “recommend” levels and let the DA commit suicide. I dont think they need to try anything.. western cape will do it all itself. People in the Cpt seem to want a Sweden approach.. cool. They just have the highest death rate amongst elderly globally.

No we want to be treated like adults.

Mask and cleanliness are the main enemies of this virus. If you're healthy and can maintain those 2 strategies let people make up their own minds and get on with their lives.

Lock down is a joke.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
It will show up in numbers.. hiv rate is highest in KZN, lowest in WC. With this disease you’ll see that part of the population along with elderly and diabetics & cardiovascular complication patients having a higher death rate.

Last I checked death rate is easily checked regardless of official narrative and with a trend line prior we can eas8ly see what happens

Where are the huge death rates?

Where are the flooded hospitals?

Or will it indefinitely be just around the corner? Like Level 8 load shedding?

alanB

As a country we need to do the following immediately:
1) End the State of Disaster - it has served it's purpose and is no longer necessary, we are as prepared as we will ever be to face the virus, particularly given that the actual numbers of deaths and infections worldwide is much lower than the alarming initial models predicted.
2) Urgently lift the ban on sales of non-essential goods, end the occupying force type curfew (the reason for which has never been given), demobilse the army, because we are not the country's enemy, restore the proper rule of law, and resume the full functions of parliament as per the constitution.
3) People should go back to work, to try rebuild what is left of the economy ASAP, while taking all precautions to limit the spread of the virus, as per the advice from medical experts. People and companies need income to survive.

Lupus

Honorary Master
See where I refer to the cincinatti Shuffle... That seems to be the gubberments way.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
There is no way in hell gauteng's numbers are so low. There's almost no prevention happening up here.
I smell a politically motivated rat.
We're statistically a younger population than the rest of the country. So we get a less severe infection, we get screened out of the testing pool early and carry on with life.

Remember, the testing pool across the globe is not randomised, it's highly skewed based on symptom screening and availability of test kits. And testing directly equals case numbers.

noxibox

Honorary Master
I thought it was a Kansas City Shuffle.

I think the ANC may have misunderstood that the declaration of a state of disaster doesn't mean indicating your intent to create a disaster.

The DA are taking a chance. There's no perfect plan, but I don't think theirs being any worse than the ANC's drunken approach. Those people who are going to blame them what were they intending to do if the ANC kept the economy locked up for months? Would they keep getting an income while not working?

No we want to be treated like adults.
The DA don't really have a good track record of being willing to treat people like adults, but at least in this case they have proposed a sensible, flexible plan. It's no worse in terms of tackling potential spread and superior in terms of maximising the operation of the economy and minimising the complexity of regulation.

marco79

Expert Member
We should go to level 3 soon. Try to jump start the economy. The only places social distancing is being enforced by our local law enforcement are areas where it is not needed.

We need to enforce social distancing better in the poorer suburbs and rural areas.

Gemsbok

This lockdown is a joke. To many people in townships are hungry and this result into criminal activities.

Change to a Soft Lockdown:
Lockdown of Vulnerable persons whose lives are endangered
Companies to Limit staff to essential workers for operations to commence so as to make every effort on Social Distancing in the workplace and stagger opening hours to help with peak time travel. Then Phase to full production staff over say 2 months monitoring the rate of infection as a ratio to number of tests done and the relate it to the R factor.
Hygiene rules to apply i.e. masks, hand washing etc.
Have MP's and Councillors back in their constituencies and with Protection Officers/Police/Army actually stopping and advising people who are not wearing masks etc. (maybe hand masks out like Spain did at Metro Stations etc) and practise Social Distancing in Public places.
Restaurants, Shops, Hairdressers etc. to limit numbers and work to bookings only where possible rather than walk in trade. Establishments to set a time limit as well to encourage rotation without extensive queues.
N.B. Encourage people to be sensible rather than treat us like sheep. Sheep (apologies to sheep) are dumb animals human beings are not and we have long memories when it counts.

Skoffy2019

Don't implement at a later date at all - let those that are vulnerable self-isolate, implement the correct social distancing and hygiene measures in all public spaces, and rather get the hospitals the equipment and properly trained South African doctors and nurses that they need - and not pay almost R 500 million for Cuban doctors!

jacques.sa

Government dnt knw how our daily lives are lived. They rely on data which is never true. How can u increase d poor sassa then in return knowing d cig ban is wots d worst. Cos Dat increases is just enough for 2xpkts 20fake cig. Ppl we mst stand 2gether & take back our rights. They rejoicing for d millions they profiting. ANC mst fall cos we not gna be 2nd Zimbabwe. Change d lockdown or we d citizens will take back our country ourselves
After translating your comment into English, I understand your sentiment and logic. I fully agree with you!

Lupus

Honorary Master
I thought it was a Kansas City Shuffle.

I think the ANC may have misunderstood that the declaration of a state of disaster doesn't mean indicating your intent to create a disaster.

The DA are taking a chance. There's no perfect plan, but I don't think theirs being any worse than the ANC's drunken approach. Those people who are going to blame them what were they intending to do if the ANC kept the economy locked up for months? Would they keep getting an income while not working?

The DA don't really have a good track record of being willing to treat people like adults, but at least in this case they have proposed a sensible, flexible plan. It's no worse in terms of tackling potential spread and superior in terms of maximising the operation of the economy and minimising the complexity of regulation.
Google the Cincinnati Shuffle

Xarelto

Close down Chancellor house, cut number of ministers, MP's. Declare the ANC and EFF prohibited organisations. Outlaw BEE.

henry666

We need to end the lock down - yesterday. There is no way you can hide for a virus. One or other time, it going to get you and get to you. Cotton/Wool/Synthetic material masks don't stop the spread anyway. We also need to strengthen our immune system. By hiding behind a mask is not going to do it. Contact with the virus is needed for immune systems to become strengthened.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
OMFG what a bunch of crybabies on this forum.

The ratio of actual suggestions and rational thought to just plain whining is shameful.

If you think this country is in the toilet you should look at yourselves - if this is representative of the citizenry then there isn't a hope in hell.

Welcome to your self fulfilling prophecy.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
OMFG what a bunch of crybabies on this forum.

The ratio of actual suggestions and rational thought to just plain whining is shameful.

If you think this country is in the toilet you should look at yourselves - if this is representative of the citizenry then there isn't a hope in hell.

Welcome to your self fulfilling prophecy.
vokofeks