The Nicholas Ninow Rape Case and Trial

schumi

Honorary Master
WATCH | Dros rapist Nicholas Ninow loses bid to appeal against conviction and life sentence

The high court in Pretoria on Tuesday dismissed Dros rapist Nicholas Ninow's application for leave to appeal against the conviction and life sentence imposed on him.

Ninow was convicted in September 2019 of raping a seven-year-old girl at a Dros restaurant in Silverton, Pretoria. The incident happened in September 2018.

He was sentenced him to life in prison for the rape and five years for drug possession and defeating the ends of justice. The sentences run concurrently.
More at : https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...-appeal-against-conviction-and-life-sentence/

grok

Honorary Master

YFM has confirmed that it has fired its senior content producer for her racial remarks on Twitter over convicted child rapist Nicholas Ninow.

On October 16, the radio station said, it was brought to its attention via YFM social media platforms that independent contractor and senior content producer Camagwini Mavovana had posted racially discriminatory commentary on her personal social media account relating to a matter of broad public interest.

The post in question stated: "Nicholas is representing his race well. Amnesia is something they're good at, especially when they have to take accountability. Let the dog rot in jail and call it a day."

There are hundreds of these post that Ninow is a representation of whites and their privilege. Good to see one person go fired because of it.
No R150k fine? Discount due to skin color privilege?

Datura

Captain Faptastic

This is interesting.

I know the family. That's Nicholas' father. My sister told me he was a fscking perv. Didn't know him well enough to judge but never did like the dude.

Last edited:

Datura

Captain Faptastic
I can't find anything online in the media where this connection has been made between father and son. Both being arrested for sexual offenses that involve minors. Can't just be a coincidence. Something is broken there.

Eric

Honorary Master
I can't find anything online in the media where this connection has been made between father and son. Both being arrested for sexual offenses that involve minors. Can't just be a coincidence. Something is broken there.
It is quite bizarre that it was missed. Might be worth pinging a journo. Could actually paint a clearer picture.
People who abuse don't realise the knock on effects of their actions for one.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
It is quite bizarre that it was missed. Might be worth pinging a journo. Could actually paint a clearer picture.
People who abuse don't realise the knock on effects of their actions for one.
Exactly what I was thinking. The last time I saw the father was about 3 years ago and him and his partner had a little baby. I shudder to think...

WRT pinging a journo. I couldn't be bothered talking to them. Aren't many good ones around these days. They regurgitate social media trends rather than do any actual reporting. Told the last one that contacted me to fsck off.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
The cycle of abuse is studied. Most abusers are playing out abuse that they themselves have suffered.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
The cycle of abuse is studied. Most abusers are playing out abuse that they themselves have suffered.
It is an area that I am not well informed on. I should probably educate myself. Well studied doesn't necessarily mean that solid conclusions have been made. It is a depressing but interesting subject.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
In the clip, a tearful Chantal can be seen denying her son was a rapist but had instead "made a mistake".
Well, no, and yes. He is a rapist, his "mistake" was rape.

Poor woman is deep in denial.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
It is an area that I am not well informed on. I should probably educate myself. Well studied doesn't necessarily mean that solid conclusions have been made. It is a depressing but interesting subject.
If you google "cycle of abuse" note that there are two definitions:
  1. The abusive cycles in adult relationships
  2. The process whereby an abused child becomes and adult abuser
..if you focus on results that pertain to children you will find more of the second case which is what we are discussing.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
I have also met her a couple of times. Not lekker.
There was a lot of messiness that came out around the time that this thing broke. Rumours about her own drug abuse and neglect of the kids. Rumours of course, you can't help but wonder though given the circumstances.

EDIT: this is starting to sound like I am an apologist. I am not. I believe that pedophiles should submit to chemical castration and I am fully behind the sentence handed down to this POS.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
If you google "cycle of abuse" note that there are two definitions:
  1. The abusive cycles in adult relationships
  2. The process whereby an abused child becomes and adult abuser
..if you focus on results that pertain to children you will find more of the second case which is what we are discussing.
I will check it out. Thanks.

Acid0

Expert Member
That maybe explains why he is on drugs and did what he did, but it does not excuse him at all he must rot in jail forever end ever what he did.

Sometimes the person that was abused cant see anything wrong what he did.