The Official FeBRAAIarie 2019 Thread

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Just been chatting to my driver for tomorrow's dune ride, I was in panic mode wondering if I would get a chance to ignite 2morrow....

Turns out I have to bring the baby Weber with and a few pieces of charcoal as we are gonna make wors rolls up on the dunes whilst sipping on a few cold one's.

Then I was invited to braai at the main braai at the club afterwards, so two ignitions lined up for tomorrow........

As for today, Friday Schmiday, Think I might wander down to the desolate beach and look at the seagulls...

You guys out there in the real world, enjoy yer day! :p

The lovely lady is of course confined to Shabbos dinner so I am braaiing on my ace (again!) and today's treat is therefore the respectable rasher. Note the power tongs:

pork.jpg

These will be sacrificed, as usual, on the wood braai:

fire.jpg

I know that's a lot of pork for one man but I do have appetite enhancers:

appetite.jpg

akescpt

Honorary Master
Very easy. Cut potatoes in chips, add some mushrooms, garlic, butter, salt and pepper. Wrap in double layer tinfoil. On the coals for probably an hour.

You can add green pepper and onions to add more flavour.

To make a meal of it, add bacon or chorizo.

Delicious and a winner everytime.
You like a braai shark. Need to do the biltong broodjie and this ASAP.

I have been berated extensively by ole fanie and moose previously for putting Viennas on the grid. Seems the attitude has mellowed.
When we were lighties we used to braai viennas. The last chick, old Candy Pants, was always partial to burning sacrifices. She reminded me how a braai is a quality occasion and you don't put cheap offal on the fire by always seeking out the finest rashers and chops and wors. Still, I maintain a vienna on a braai means nothing to. IT means nothing to me. Except the taste - kills the hell out of microwaving or boiling it. A starter hot dog will never go amiss. Delicious, despite the views of the neigh sayers (of which I might be one).

akescpt

Honorary Master
When we were lighties we used to braai viennas. The last chick, old Candy Pants, was always partial to burning sacrifices. She reminded me how a braai is a quality occasion and you don't put cheap offal on the fire by always seeking out the finest rashers and chops and wors. Still, I maintain a vienna on a braai means nothing to. IT means nothing to me. Except the taste - kills the hell out of microwaving or boiling it. A starter hot dog will never go amiss. Delicious, despite the views of the neigh sayers (of which I might be one).
It gives the hotdog a totally different taste. If you really hungry it’s perfect initially to give a bit of a lining.

Gonna do this. Smaak one now actually.