The Official FeBRAAIarie 2020 Thread

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
its a start @Steamy Tom
massive pity you used those donkiedrolla things, charcoal is better and wood is betterer
learn to pack your meat closer, like Tetris
don't be homophobic with your meat and another meat touching. Only @The_Ogre is allowed to do that coz he is a Cyclops.
:thumbsup: but otherwise Well Done and welcome to the club

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I cycle through charcoal, briquettes, wood etc. Pick a new favourite every other week.

Been using "eco logs" lately and they're bloody fantastic. A lot less smoke, hot coals, they last a long time and very little cleanup. The only negative thing I can think of is that it's so consistent it can be "boring".

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
its a start @Steamy Tom
massive pity you used those donkiedrolla things, charcoal is better and wood is betterer
learn to pack your meat closer, like Tetris
don't be homophobic with your meat and another meat touching. Only @The_Ogre is allowed to do that coz he is a Cyclops.
:thumbsup: but otherwise Well Done and welcome to the club
lol lots more got loaded on after this, was like 4 okes braaing so all that space got filled up

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
I cycle through charcoal, briquettes, wood etc. Pick a new favourite every other week.

Been using "eco logs" lately and they're bloody fantastic. A lot less smoke, hot coals, they last a long time and very little cleanup. The only negative thing I can think of is that it's so consistent it can be "boring".
i am a briquettes guy, i like wood but it is messier and takes longer, i usually bulk order some bags and keep them in the garage to be used.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
i am a briquettes guy, i like wood but it is messier and takes longer, i usually bulk order some bags and keep them in the garage to be used.
yeah in the cape we cannot use briquettes coz one swoop of wind and you have dandruff flying all over the place and sticking to the meat.
so its either charcoal or wood

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
Winds like today!
very breezy indeed, i think i am going to make a lunch braai today for a change seen as my neighbours are usually away during the day on Sundays. Less smoke in their face
Will experiment with my Pita Bread PIzzas again

akescpt

Honorary Master
very breezy indeed, i think i am going to make a lunch braai today for a change seen as my neighbours are usually away during the day on Sundays. Less smoke in their face
Will experiment with my Pita Bread PIzzas again
Start earlier in the process with the pics. See the sharks ciabatta post for pointers.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
Start earlier in the process with the pics. See the sharks Bolton ciabatta post for pointers.
thanx
neighbours just arrived home 20 minutes ago, guess they got blown away visiting the inlaws as is their Sunday tradition.
if they do not go out again today then I am going to have to cancel todays braai due to this storm brewing here.
it would be very unfair to make a fire with them right next to me (joys of living in a flat).
They have been very understanding this month to Fanies memory and I would hate to spoil it now.
(as it is we have a no braai policy on our balconies)

Lets see how the day pans out

akescpt

Honorary Master
thanx
neighbours just arrived home 20 minutes ago, guess they got blown away visiting the inlaws as is their Sunday tradition.
if they do not go out again today then I am going to have to cancel todays braai due to this storm brewing here.
it would be very unfair to make a fire with them right next to me (joys of living in a flat).
They have been very understanding this month to Fanies memory and I would hate to spoil it now.
(as it is we have a no braai policy on our balconies)

Lets see how the day pans out
No braai policy? *faints*

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
No braai policy? *faints*
the bylaws state it, but the body corporate does turn a blind eye as long as the smoke doesn't annoy others and that we use charcoal or briquettes, they do not wanna see 1 metre wood burning flames on our enclosed tiny balconies :)