The official running thread™

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
View attachment 1307916
Yeah maybe for each PB beaten you can just write another line under their username. Okes like me are gonna have new PB's frequently but some of the more experienced homies are gonna have one line ;)
Yoh homies I had one of the best races of my life today, ABSA Run Your City 10km. Everything just went well and I demolished my 10km PB by 4 minutes. How? I have no idea.
1652637009998.png
I ran so fast I managed to do a 5km PB within the 10Km run :ROFL:
EDIT:
Sorry meant @Steamy Tom please can you update

SAguy

Executive Member
Putting this out there to keep myself accountable..

I've entered for my first full marathon, Cape Town marathon in October.
Haven't had much long runs this year but I did 2Oceans half in just under 2h30m with little training.

Had my first long run this weekend past. Slowly ramping up to get to about 60km a week.

One thing I didn't think of is that between now and my marathon I'm probably gonna go through 2 pairs of running shoes - estimating about 500km per pair since I'm heavy.

Ianf1

Expert Member

Haven't had much long runs this year but I did 2Oceans half in just under 2h30m with little training.

Had my first long run this weekend past. Slowly ramping up to get to about 60km a week.

One thing I didn't think of is that between now and my marathon I'm probably gonna go through 2 pairs of running shoes - estimating about 500km per pair since I'm heavy.
I buy shoes here https://www.sportsclearance.co.za/ if you know your size and type of shoe this works. The last pair cost me R1300 on their black friday special.

Ianf1

Expert Member
I've heard about these guys, but been very hesitant to try them out...scammer radar on full alert. What's your personal shopping experience been like? Payment, Delivery, Communications etc?
Thx
My experience has been great they seem to sell the older models of Sauconys, delivery takes a few days. I have bought 3 pairs of shoes from them. Just know your size and type of shoe, as they use US sizing and do give the equivalent UK size.

soldierboi

My experience has been great they seem to sell the older models of Sauconys, delivery takes a few days. I have bought 3 pairs of shoes from them. Just know your size and type of shoe, as they use US sizing and do give the equivalent UK size.
Awesome. Thank you so much.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
I've heard about these guys, but been very hesitant to try them out...scammer radar on full alert. What's your personal shopping experience been like? Payment, Delivery, Communications etc?
Thx

Can confirm. Bought my Saucony trail shoes there a couple of years ago. Was happy with all aspects of the purchase. Hopefully nothing has changed...

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master

Good luck. CPT Marathon was my first back in 2017 and it was a great experience (although the route at the time was crap - it went through Paarden Eiland, ugh). They're revamping the route for this year (trying to incorporate sections of the beach road through Sea Point and Camps Bay I believe) though, so there will be plenty of nice views.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Is there any point in moving from 10k's to 21k's? :oops:

Pros/Cons that kind of thing?

wise_guy

Expert Member
Is there any point in moving from 10k's to 21k's? :oops:

Pros/Cons that kind of thing?
Not unless you want to experience the fun of running in an actual race and getting some running bling bling.
And then there's that feeling of accomplishment since not many can do it.
Another pro is your endurance fitness is on another level.

Cons would be having to invest more time to achieve it.

wise_guy

Expert Member

Make sure you save enough of your second pair for the actual race.

The_Lurch

I have been very casually running for the last ~2 years but started taking it more seriously this year. Been clocking 100km a month since Feb.

Just signed up for my first half marathon(Blouberg Marathon) in July, this will actually be my first official race(other than MyRun). Aiming for sub 2:20

Here are my current PBs from Garmin.

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-25 at 11.08.05 AM.jpeg

soldierboi

Can confirm. Bought my Saucony trail shoes there a couple of years ago. Was happy with all aspects of the purchase. Hopefully nothing has changed...
Shot! Have made purchase and awaiting delivery. Did notice that omni-sport (Saucony SA) and Sport Clearance is the same parent company ;) - Feel much better knowing that.