The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

ghostRgg

Been on call for like 50+ minutes now, so much for "we will fix it and call you back in 2-4 minutes" this has been a nightmare but oh well...

Seems to be just my luck.

ghostbunny

Literally the worst customer support I have ever seen. This on hold song is drilled into my head after an hour. Imagine activating the wrong sim, then being this bad at fixing it wowee.

Supersonic making rain customer support look like pros.

ghostRgg

Yeah na, they messed up bad, sent two packages, rica'd the wrong one and now they were going to call back hours ago to 'fix' the issue.

I just hung up, can't deal with this. They better fix this crap tomorrow since they insist pro-rata isn't applied and I killed @ghostbunny 's airtime along with mine.
20201201_193942.jpg

To add to this, I bought a 120min airtime bundle for 24h and it decided to eat my monthly airtime instead.

20201201_194613.jpg

Mister 44

Executive Member
I had a happier outcome with support. Got my router this morning and got the red light. Called support at 5pm and was on hold for ~5 Min. They checked and apparently the sim wasn't RICAed yet. The support lady said she'd let the proper people know. I switched off the router, not expecting anything to happen today, but checked just after 8 and everything is 100%.

PieterShaun

Same with me, placed order on Monday morning last week, paid with debit card, got my 2 confirm emails 5min after. later that day got sms ram picked up from SS. Wednesday delivered around 2. Popped it in called them and they it is active. from there lekker surfing happens. Only called for port forward, but they cannot do it, as for prepaid cannot have open apn... other then that i was helped quickly, and does not have trouble as of yet.. I think there is like 20 consultants, and there is like 1000 plus orders. So understaffed so there would be hick ups. I guess.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Same with me, placed order on Monday morning last week, paid with debit card, got my 2 confirm emails 5min after. later that day got sms ram picked up from SS. Wednesday delivered around 2. Popped it in called them and they it is active. from there lekker surfing happens. Only called for port forward, but they cannot do it, as for prepaid cannot have open apn... other then that i was helped quickly, and does not have trouble as of yet.. I think there is like 20 consultants, and there is like 1000 plus orders. So understaffed so there would be hick ups. I guess.
Ok so now way to port forward?

ghostRgg

Welp, nothing changed overnight as expected, time to deal with support again. I swear, things just never work if I touch them. My pc happened to have died this week too...

ItherNiT

My interwebz went down between 10 and 11 last night, got the red light with now signal lights showing. Decided to wait until this morning to call them. Just got off phone with support after waiting in line for 20mins. My device locked itself, they are saying I moved the router but its still in the same spot. Now I need to wait 90mins and then restart it. :(

Its messing with my WFH :(

Mister 44

Executive Member
Most likely because when you clip an antenna on, especially something from Poynting, you lose the 4x4 MIMO CA that's available with internal antennas and you're benefitting from using the best of towers around you. The external ones are usually only great if you are far away from towers where CA won't be effective but that's also always not the case too, cavedog explained that better.
Do you get 4x4 MIMO external antennas that use 2 SMA connectors (like those on the B612) or would an antenna like that have 4 connectors?

ghostRgg

I'm actually livid. So I finally got ahold of somebody who could help me, but it ran out of voice and killed the call. Take note this is MTN to MTN. Also I bought 100 minutes MTN to MTN and it won't work because it's supersonic!? Fuq this,

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I'm actually livid. So I finally got ahold of somebody who could help me, but it ran out of voice and killed the call. Take note this is MTN to MTN. Also I bought 100 minutes MTN to MTN and it won't work because it's supersonic!? Fuq this,
Its probably shared call number, those minutes sometimes don't work on it

Mister 44

Executive Member
Whatsapp?

ItherNiT

They changed the whatsapp support, it can no longer be used to talk to support agents. Was still working last week. I think they where getting to many msgs for potential clients.

ghostRgg

Yeah, WhatsApp just makes you call anyway, but I'm out of airtime just trying to do so. So have to use my girlfriends phone, soon we will have exhausted all our airtime trying to get the LTE to work, kinda ironic.

ghostRgg

Finally got it active. After a very short test between phone, router and such here are the results.

B612 (stock)
10519169757.png

B618 (no external default settings)
10519224735-1.png

Note 10 Lite for control test. (mybradband to save data)
20201202_154951.jpg
So from our (@ghostbunny and myself) the B612 stock router is really limiting. While just the 4x4 mimo on the B618 seems to power through. My next mission is to try push the B618 to have the same big upload as I am pretty happy with 150mbps+ download.