The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

ghostRgg

Expert Member
Update, literally this is its most optical position for now... 20201202_160402.jpg
10519283344.png

Getting a 20mbps upload now, but not going to spam. Will update after I experiment with an XPOL pointing at the tower like 10m away...

Crossing_Swords

Hi there, don't know whether this has been addressed, my apologies if it has.
Supersonic sent the B612 router with, which works well. However, I want to use my B618 router instead as it apparently gives better results. But when I put my sim in my B618, it keeps telling me that my profile is invalid. I did change the APN etc. I phoned Supersonic but they say they can't help me.
Anybody else have this experience but were able to fix it?

B-127

Hi there, don't know whether this has been addressed, my apologies if it has.
Supersonic sent the B612 router with, which works well. However, I want to use my B618 router instead as it apparently gives better results. But when I put my sim in my B618, it keeps telling me that my profile is invalid. I did change the APN etc. I phoned Supersonic but they say they can't help me.
Anybody else have this experience but were able to fix it?
APN: ws.supersonic.fwa

1606920569129.png

Crossing_Swords

Hi, thanks for the responses. My APN is set on ws.supersonic.fwa. However, it keeps saying that my profile is incorrect. Even on the router they gave me when I create a new profile and input the exact same configuration as the working one, it does not work.

B-127

Hi, thanks for the responses. My APN is set on ws.supersonic.fwa. However, it keeps saying that my profile is incorrect. Even on the router they gave me when I create a new profile and input the exact same configuration as the working one, it does not work.
With the username and password blank right?

ghostRgg

Expert Member
For anybody asking. The B618 is a grand improvement over the B612, with the B612 we hardly pushed 50-60mbps but the B618 easily pushes 150-190 without issues. With living on the tower, the only reason I can think of is the B612 just struggling.

I still want to take both routers outside to do a full, no compromise test.

Reactions: Yuu

ghostRgg

Expert Member
I hope you dont have any cats!
At this house only two, they stay out of that room, otherwise I would have kissed many routers goodbye. My other house uhh... My parents (and me) have around 12 now....help...

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

Crossing_Swords

@Archie1 No, seeing a decrease in speed for some reason. Used to get around 11mb (not MB, not so fortunate), now I get around 8mb. So for me it's a marked decrease. Will see tonight when the towers are less congested.

Crumbl0x

I'll also be getting a B618 where I can to test between the supplied router, it, and a B525, before selling the worst off (apart from the B612 of course). It's really interesting because on my lone tower in the middle of nowhere, the average had been 50mbps on the B525 with the most recents pushing 80mbps and, following powercuts, can reach 130mbps in some circumstances, so I don't think it's cut and dry that the B618 would always win these fights, in my case anyway. We'll see then if Süpersonic ever gets back to me lol

compu

i am a bit late but tested my uncapped package today and i am pretty impressed with the speeds. Well i have to say that my speeds didn't change from the 400gb package to now. so i guess it is a good start.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Webafrica seems to be offering the deal also.

Hopefully mtn network does not turn into RAIN lol

Attachments

• web.JPG
    web.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 52

Crumbl0x

Webafrica seems to be offering the deal also.

Hopefully mtn network does not turn into RAIN lol
hehe, but I think that's highly unlikely for these reasons:
+ The deal is limited for 2-3 weeks, and only runs for 24 months as opposed to rain offering it 24/7.
+ Vodacom is their top priority as per the roaming agreement, customers are shafted most of the time.
+ MTN's infrastructure is leagues better than almost all others.
+ The barrier to entry is much higher, almost everyone doesn't have an issue with R250 p/m / R50 p/GB but R1000 lowers the service base.

While I agree in some few circumstances in richer areas some towers will feel a high strain if a concentration of people gather on the same tower, I don't think this will push them to rain status, even moreso once the ICASA spectrum concludes and they'll have even more to play with for cheaper.