The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

Mister 45

Executive Member
If anybody is looking for a 2nd hand B618, check out https://www.technomobi.co.za/
I ordered a refurbished unit from them for R900 and it looks new. The cardboard box looks a little used and I had to factory reset it before I configured the APN for Supersonic, but it's working fine.
They are still showing it as in stock, so I assume they have more than one unit.

cavedog

Honorary Master
If anybody is looking for a 2nd hand B618, check out https://www.technomobi.co.za/
I ordered a refurbished unit from them for R900 and it looks new. The cardboard box looks a little used and I had to factory reset it before I configured the APN for Supersonic, but it's working fine.
They are still showing it as in stock, so I assume they have more than one unit.

Very good price for a router that is worth well over R1000 second hand even though it's an old model it still outperforms most of the newer models :)

Which model did they send you though? The -65d or -22d?

Mister 45

Executive Member
Very good price for a router that is worth well over R1000 second hand even though it's an old model it still outperforms most of the newer models :)

Which model did they send you though? The -65d or -22d?
I got the 22d

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Damn nice I paid R1100 and mine not great condition, from a guy on facebook

Mister 45

Executive Member
Did a few tests and the B618 is giving me about 47mb/s on average while the B612 gave me 32mb/s (but I still need to find a spot with better reception and do some tweaking with LTEView) so definitely worth the money, imho. Ping with both is is all over the place, though. Can be anything from 35 to 80.

ghostRgg

Expert Member
Testing again. So we are around 150m away from the tower and have found it. Sitting 5m away with a phone we pulled 260 down and 65 up. This gives us a baseline of what should be possible from where we are.

B618

Stock: This router on stock speeds gets us a constant 160/46 (Download/Upload). But on most occasions we will see a 190/38 and have peaked at 202/43.

Latecy: We have hit a constant 19-20ms from Durban to Johannesburg, but in games its more around 30 due to local routing. 168 to Middle East and 190-200 to Europe.

B612

Stock settings we tested were around 50/31. Which shows while it's not as good as the B618, it can handle a solid upload. We did manage to push 70 down but since then, we didn't re-test on the new B618 position, so it could push more (more testing soon)

Overall I think this router is good enough for most people, as a 70/35 connection is great. Software feels better than the B618 too.

Latecy: not much comment as we still saw an 18-26ms latency. Mostly on the lower end, but with Telkom we managed to get 6ms to Durban and 16 to Johannesburg, but hey it's LTE and beats a lot of adsl latencies.

Antennas

A weird topic to test since we get such great speeds, but since we broke 85/11 on rain we couldn't help but try set a new record? (who knows)

With the XPOL we had issues with mounting and all sorts due to the tower location, and one God damn annoying Bush. But that being said at one very specific spot we hit a 204 and 48. Which just makes me believe at this range it's pointless.

Tomorrow we will do a full line of sight test to confirm. But so far, the B618 stock 4x4 works wonders.

Last edited:

Crumbl0x

Testing again. So we are around 150m away from the tower and have found it. Sitting 5m away with a phone we pulled 260 down and 65 up. This gives us a baseline of what should be possible from where we are.

B618

Stock: This router on stock speeds gets us a constant 160/46 (Download/Upload). But on most occasions we will see a 190/38 and have peaked at 202/43.

Latecy: We have hit a constant 19-20ms from Durban to Johannesburg, but in games its more around 30 due to local routing. 168 to Middle East and 190-200 to Europe.

B612

Stock settings we tested were around 50/31. Which shows while it's not as good as the B618, it can handle a solid upload. We did manage to push 70 down but since then, we didn't re-test on the new B618 position, so it could push more (more testing soon)

Overall I think this router is good enough for most people, as a 70/35 connection is great. Software feels better than the B618 too.

Latecy: not much comment as we still saw an 18-26ms latency. Mostly on the lower end, but with Telkom we managed to get 6ms to Durban and 16 to Johannesburg, but hey it's LTE and beats a lot of adsl latencies.

Antennas

A weird topic to test since we get such great speeds, but since we broke 85/11 on rain we couldn't help but try set a new record? (who knows)

With the XPOL we had issues with mounting and all sorts due to the tower location, and one God damn annoying Bush. But that being said at one very specific spot we hit a 204 and 48. Which just makes me believe at this range it's pointless.

Tomorrow we will do a full line of sight test to confirm. But so far, the B618 stock 4x4 works wonders.
Very nice tests! Thank you!
Yeah hehe at that range the antenna's would be super useless, so it makes sense in this reflection.

ghostRgg

Expert Member
Next up for me and @ghostbunny is to find some sort of 4x4 antenna with high gain. That works with MTN, but funds are limited now for our other projects.

ghostRgg

Expert Member
Very nice tests! Thank you!
Yeah hehe at that range the antenna's would be super useless, so it makes sense in this reflection.
Should be, but while the B618 was pushing 178/32 as we swapped on a freaking random pole, I was holding we got 202. So reliability could be a worthy factor.

ColdComfort

Terribly slow internet from about 7pm and speedtest says my location is in Durban instead of what it normally says Jhb.

William1102

B618

B612

Antennas

Did 130mb down and 50up on my b612 and I’m 300m from the tower however I am in Durban and my latencies to Durban severs is 35ms to70ms jhb is about 24-40ms

Mashalarox55

Getting good speeds using b612, uncapped 999 package

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201213-183118.png
    Screenshot_20201213-183118.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Yuu

Crumbl0x

Finally recieved my package!
Popped it right in my B525 and in my single tower area, I managed to pull ~130mbps consistently to the MTN JHB server, absolutely wicked!

Inn3rs3lf

Expert Member
I am hesitant to purchase th B618, due to one member here seeing a drop...for those that have done the swap, have you all seen an improvement?