The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I am hesitant to purchase th B618, due to one member here seeing a drop...for those that have done the swap, have you all seen an improvement?
Yeah from 80 to 140mbps or more. B612 can only use 20mhz in 1800mhz band, the b618 can use 20mhz in 1800mhz band and the 10mhz in the 2100band at the same time.

Vorastra

Executive Member
So how much have some of you downloaded so far? What sort of numbers we looking at?

Also, can anyone confirm this uses an unrestricted APN?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
So how much have some of you downloaded so far? What sort of numbers we looking at?

Also, can anyone confirm this uses an unrestricted APN?
The most I did was 170gb in a day. Avg 30 to 100gb a day .

No unrestricted apn to use with this deal

Reactions: Yuu

Vorastra

Executive Member
The most I did was 170gb in a day. Avg 30 to 100gb a day .

No unrestricted apn to use with this deal
That's kind of a deal breaker considering the issues I've had.
Kinda stupid that they don't provide one. On Telkom you literally just change the apn name and it's done.

Yuu

Executive Member
The 1TB deal from the blue fella was rejected due to low credit score. After much back and forth and consulting with a network engineer [you know who you are :p]. Signed up for this deal today.

Clicked on the WA link , a super friendly Justine guided me through the process and got the email to do the R999 upfront payment. Done and dusted.

Now to see how the rest of the process goes.

Keep the feedback coming here guys, some of you have been getting epic speeds :love:. It's a pity we can't use our 5G/4G routers to push speeds further :cautious: but alas. B618 will be nice.

Downgrading or cancellation of Telkom VDSL 10Mbps in the works :D.

*Rain - upto 100Mbps
*Telkom M - upto 120Mbps
CellC - upto 40Mbps +- [beginning of the year last used]
Vodacom - not sure.
MTN AH FLTE - upto 50Mbps +- [last used May/June] - B618-22d used at the time.

*Mobile phone S7e and iPhone 11ProM & Huawei h112-370 device used to test.

Crumbl0x

Nice Yuu!

So far, I've only had my first tower change glitch 2 days ago but shockingly, the telephonic support was far better than anything I've dealt with on Afrihost, and with no waiting time. Was rectified in an hour and all has been super since.

Archie1

The 1TB deal from the blue fella was rejected due to low credit score. After much back and forth and consulting with a network engineer [you know who you are :p]. Signed up for this deal today.

Clicked on the WA link , a super friendly Justine guided me through the process and got the email to do the R999 upfront payment. Done and dusted.

Now to see how the rest of the process goes.

Keep the feedback coming here guys, some of you have been getting epic speeds :love:. It's a pity we can't use our 5G/4G routers to push speeds further :cautious: but alas. B618 will be nice.

Downgrading or cancellation of Telkom VDSL 10Mbps in the works :D.

*Rain - upto 100Mbps
*Telkom M - upto 120Mbps
CellC - upto 40Mbps +- [beginning of the year last used]
Vodacom - not sure.
MTN AH FLTE - upto 50Mbps +- [last used May/June] - B618-22d used at the time.

*Mobile phone S7e and iPhone 11ProM & Huawei h112-370 device used to test.
When you say WA link, do you mean Web Africa? If so, it seems they throttle you to 10Mbps for the first 200GB and 1Mbps thereafter.

Yuu

Executive Member
When you say WA link, do you mean Web Africa? If so, it seems they throttle you to 10Mbps for the first 200GB and 1Mbps thereafter.
No ,WhatsApp. I read carefully through this thread and definitely never considered Webafrica. Hopefully they make it more attractive for their customers.

Thank you for asking.

Archie1

No ,WhatsApp. I read carefully through this thread and definitely never considered Webafrica. Hopefully they make it more attractive for their customers.

Thank you for asking.
Ah I see. Yeah just wanted to make sure you weren't gonna end up disappointed :p

Anyway, I am sure that you will be more than pleased with the speeds.

Yuu

Executive Member
10633193970[1].png

On my Huawei H112-370 but remember, "unsupported" on the recommended list so it locked eventually. pretty chuffed when i saw it and so was @cavedog , thank you for helping me make the right decision xD.

The same location with B612 gives about 46Mbps. Gonna test B618-22d tomorrow and if better, leave it in there.

ghostbunny

And thief proof!
Imagine seeing this beautifully tinted semi opaque Perspex covered piece of tech sitting on a roof, and some actual pepega pole vaulting an electric fence to go steal it because he thinks it's an Xbox or some ****. It almost brings a tear to my eye it's so funny.

Mashalarox55

So supersonic just dissapointed me, all along I was on 60gig night and 60gig day package since April, came December I upgraded to R999 uncapped packaged used it for about 2 weeks I was getting good speeds 60 to 110Mbps download and 40Mbps to 50Mbps.

After 2 weeks the speed dropped to 0.04Mbps download, I would get a ping of over 2000ms just imagine, I complained and complained, they responded and told me that my area is covered with 2G, so now I'm supposed pay 1k for something I ddnt even use, supersonic really dissapointed me

I mean all along it was working fine, I use mtn on my cellphone and it's always on 4G

ghostbunny

We're still chugging along fine :) best LTE deal by far if you're lucky enough to live close to a tower

Attachments

• tempFileForShare_20201226-232959.jpg
    tempFileForShare_20201226-232959.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 64

Crumbl0x

So supersonic just dissapointed me, all along I was on 60gig night and 60gig day package since April, came December I upgraded to R999 uncapped packaged used it for about 2 weeks I was getting good speeds 60 to 110Mbps download and 40Mbps to 50Mbps.

After 2 weeks the speed dropped to 0.04Mbps download, I would get a ping of over 2000ms just imagine, I complained and complained, they responded and told me that my area is covered with 2G, so now I'm supposed pay 1k for something I ddnt even use, supersonic really dissapointed me

I mean all along it was working fine, I use mtn on my cellphone and it's always on 4G
Heya, please let us know in a day or three if things get better by you, this is usually something on MTN's side in select areas where the speed just absolutely tanks but then recovers on its own later, and complaining to your respective ISP usually doesn't help since they're not in control over that kind of event (the 2G reasoning was really bizarre though, true).
I personally noticed while I was with Afrihost that if I loaded something between 60-80GB in one night, this would happen for a few days afterwards and I anecdotally believed it was MTN soft-throttling me for 'abusing' my small town's lone tower, despite being on a capped package, but we'll never know the true reason in the end I guess
My speeds and ping have been far more consistent with Süpersonic so far and only had one hiccup with the tower locking glitch most of us have gone through at least once. Hoping your situation gets resolved soon!