The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

Mashalarox55

Heya, please let us know in a day or three if things get better by you, this is usually something on MTN's side in select areas where the speed just absolutely tanks but then recovers on its own later, and complaining to your respective ISP usually doesn't help since they're not in control over that kind of event (the 2G reasoning was really bizarre though, true).
I personally noticed while I was with Afrihost that if I loaded something between 60-80GB in one night, this would happen for a few days afterwards and I anecdotally believed it was MTN soft-throttling me for 'abusing' my small town's lone tower, despite being on a capped package, but we'll never know the true reason in the end I guess
My speeds and ping have been far more consistent with Süpersonic so far and only had one hiccup with the tower locking glitch most of us have gone through at least once. Hoping your situation gets resolved soon!
I had to cancel it since it was usable, so I had to go back to crappy RAIN

Crumbl0x

aw lads, that sucks to hear :/

I'll admit, but this was also an issue with Afrihost so I assume MTN as a whole, it's mostly mandatory to run this network under a VPN with most international sites, otherwise the routed speeds can be really poor depending on where you are, but when those days of absolute slowdown happen then nothing can be done about it until it's passed.

ghostbunny

Yeah it seems like a case by case thing, ours is never really less than at least 160mbps and is usually around 200-215 peak. Have downloaded a lot as well, not even torrents slow it down.

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Anybody have script that works reboot router?

My B618 seems to slow down every few days, have to disable and enable mobile data again.

I have hauwei band tools, but these seems fail to run as automated task :(

• Sad
Reactions: Yuu

William1102

Nope no way same for cpt. They refuse to route us locally on this deal. I really don't know why.

I never can understand the decision to do this especially when MTN has infrastructure here in Durban and in CPT it seems like such a simple thing to change cause normal mtn uses Durban routing

On Telkom I had 15ms ping to local servers here and now on mtn I have anywhere from 39-50ms ping

William1102

I never can understand the decision to do this especially when MTN has infrastructure here in Durban and in CPT it seems like such a simple thing to change cause normal mtn uses Durban routing

On Telkom I had 15ms ping to local servers here and now on mtn I have anywhere from 39-50ms ping

[mention]cavedog [/mention] maybe he can explain the reason why

ghostbunny

You can mention someone with the @ symbol. To summon cavedog, I always do @cavedog

Our routing is actually going through Johannesburg, even though we stay in durban...The pings are good though, around 18ms to JHB.

Anyway to improve latency for supersonic LTE, I’m in Durban and since it’s routed to jhb I get left with a high ping

What pings are you getting from Durban to JHB?

William1102

You can mention someone with the @ symbol. To summon cavedog, I always do @cavedog

Our routing is actually going through Johannesburg, even though we stay in durban...The pings are good though, around 18ms to JHB.

What pings are you getting from Durban to JHB?

32ms to MTN Johannesburg server seems high

Alien0

10699046141.png

Huawei B618
Durban - Malvern

coolp

I paying R999 for 0.09 speed, router connected with external antennas. Screenshot_20210105-211903.jpg
5a57b4c343116b6138b81db214d9b5aa.jpg

coolp

Currently using the B612 router can the B618 help in this situation.