The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
For interest's sake, is anyone getting abysmal speeds following a loadshed? I'm suspecting on my lone tower there's no others to aggregate to when one is failing a bit so the impact is harder than it otherwise would be.
Mine exactly the same during loadshedding, through tower is pretty new

Crumbl0x

hehe yeah, during loadshedding I get slightly better than average speeds personally and now everything's back to normal, but I was curious of afterwards, might be just a config glitch on MTN's side

ghostRgg

hehe yeah, during loadshedding I get slightly better than average speeds personally and now everything's back to normal, but I was curious of afterwards, might be just a config glitch on MTN's side
We noticed it too, but it's pretty normal in most cases. As loadshedding hits, a lot of devices will now be offline and have less interference on the tower. Alongside that, there will also be fewer users on the tower. It also goes both ways, if your MTN tower is online during loadshedding, a lot of people switch from DSTV, PC's and other devices to their phones which could cause an increase in usage on the tower.

One or other

EnT@nGleD

Very happy so far with the performance. This seems to be the norm which is a hell of a lot better than Telkom is preforming in the area both over lte and vdsl. Also telkom was showing serious loss on CSGO servers. No loss last night on this.

William1102

Not sure what happened over night but wake up and see high pings and can barely pull 10mb on the download

Signal stats have degraded a lot considering I’m very close to the tower

MTN says connected to the same tower idk what to do now

• Sad
Reactions: Yuu

Fjorko

Expert Member
The B612 router that comes with this deal - is that yours to keep after the initial 24 months?

EnT@nGleD

Results still better than anything Telkom can produce. Speeds do fluctuate during the day but do not drop below 40mb. Played first MM in CSGO last night and cannot believe how much better the game felt! Actually thought my settings had changed somehow.

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

Savy561

so my parents just got supersonic lte while they wait for fibre to be installed and are complaining about speeds jumping from 21mbps down to 1mbps (probably jumping between towers). Now they live on the other side of the country and are the type to complain about a product rather than spend the time to find the best spot for the best signal. Is there any way to locate where the closest mtn tower is or perhaps what the tower looks like so that I can at least help with where to put the router?

Fjorko

Expert Member
so my parents just got supersonic lte while they wait for fibre to be installed and are complaining about speeds jumping from 21mbps down to 1mbps (probably jumping between towers). Now they live on the other side of the country and are the type to complain about a product rather than spend the time to find the best spot for the best signal. Is there any way to locate where the closest mtn tower is or perhaps what the tower looks like so that I can at least help with where to put the router?
CellMapper.net

Fjorko

Expert Member
I'm considering going for this deal before the 31 Jan expiry date. Would you guys suggest getting a better router than the 612 it comes with ? I thought coz it's a Cat6 router, it should be able to do CA ?

618's are nowhere to be found, and 818's are not supported atm, any recommendations ?

Thanks

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I'm considering going for this deal before the 31 Jan expiry date. Would you guys suggest getting a better router than the 612 it comes with ? I though coz it's a Cat6 router, it should be able to do CA ?

618's are nowhere to be found, and 818's are not supported atm, any recommendations ?

Thanks
Plenty 618 facebook market place , where I got mine from .

Crumbl0x

Issit - hmmmmm, I usually don't like buying secondhand, but I guess in this case I might need to consider it. Thanks
With routers, it's most definitely worth second hand, they're marginally more expensive new for no good reason and they're very resilient since they stand in one place and aren't interacted with on a daily basis like phones for example. Resellers usually grab them early on Carbonite but Facebook Marketplace + OLX + Gumtree are next good bets, I got mine from Gumtree for R1000 plus shipping and it's practically like new, compared to the usual R3-5k they used to go for before the B818 replaced it, and lower end models hold their used price disgustingly so there's great bargains in them too^^

Fjorko

Expert Member
I'd like to get a 818 - will this ( even though its not officially supported ) work on SS ? And will my sim get blocked u think ? Or is it safer to hunt for a 618 and be done with it.

Crumbl0x

I'd like to get a 818 - will this ( even though its not officially supported ) work on SS ? And will my sim get blocked u think ? Or is it safer to hunt for a 618 and be done with it.
It's the safest to go with the 618, but at anytime, MTN can decide to update the supported device list and get your 818 operational but that's gambling with time, not to mention we're not entirely sure existing contracts will be allowed to use the updated device list, but that's only speculation on my part