The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

webyep

Got rain 5g, can honestly say even with crappies signal and worse upload, stuff is much snappier due to local routing. Will probably cancel this deal now.
Cancel the deal? :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: Didn't you know that once you sign up, you cant cancel. Its not month-to-month, its a life sentence. Why not double the fun, and load balance the two? I load balance Telkom +this deal, and let Telkom handle any latency sensitive work. Depending on congestion, I average between 200 - 300 Mbps.
11453212746.png

Enjoy the new connection, and let us know how the cancellation goes.

callen

Cancel the deal? :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: Didn't you know that once you sign up, you cant cancel. Its not month-to-month, its a life sentence. Why not double the fun, and load balance the two? I load balance Telkom +this deal, and let Telkom handle any latency sensitive work. Depending on congestion, I average between 200 - 300 Mbps.
11453212746.png

Enjoy the new connection, and let us know how the cancellation goes.
Can you share a guide on how you did the load balancing?

SuperMario

Just placed an order for Rain 5G premium, and will report back on performance once it's up and running. Hopefully it's good so that I can cancel this service. Tired of this crappy routing & non-existent support.

webyep

Called them yesterday, this morning I tried Twitter, waiting for them to call back now.
They didn't activate you when you phoned yesterday? When I signed up, I had to phone and they activated while I was on the phone. My neighbour had the same. Hope you get up and running soon!

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
They didn't activate you when you phoned yesterday? When I signed up, I had to phone and they activated while I was on the phone. My neighbour had the same. Hope you get up and running soon!

Don't know what their story is, but am getting rather annoyed

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Don't know what their story is, but am getting rather annoyed

3AM this morning, woke up and saw that the light had gone from red to blue ... , probably preset, to switch on at midnight, and the buggers could not be bothered to tell one.

webyep

3AM this morning, woke up and saw that the light had gone from red to blue ... , probably preset, to switch on at midnight, and the buggers could not be bothered to tell one.
Finally! What speed are you getting?

SuperMario

I just received my Rain 5G indoor Router, and placed it on the same spot as my MTN B612.

Testing over 5GHz Wi-Fi:
7423156120.png

Getting much better speeds, and proper routing with Rain. I will be cancelling Supersonic very soon.

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

Toastmaster

Quick one. I know this package gets locked to a tower. What happens when the power goes down? Rain 5G from I can gather connects to a different tower but surely this is then tower dependant (e.g. backup batteries etc) since it's locked?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Quick one. I know this package gets locked to a tower. What happens when the power goes down? Rain 5G from I can gather connects to a different tower but surely this is then tower dependant (e.g. backup batteries etc) since it's locked?
mtn actually has backup power on most towers, expect the ones where the batteries are stolen.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member

Hopefully the tower still has batteries and wires to connect them to the equipment on the tower.