The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

Minazetsu

Been the third day in a row on this side where we go from 230Mbps to 0.2, have to reboot and wait like 10 minutes then it's back and repeat at least 5 times a night now. Speed just dies and never happened before, everything is fine though. Also can't be shaping because it's the first of the month and barely used 15GB today. Last month pushed 91GB in one day and over 1TB+ whole of last month without issue.

Durban.

View attachment 1081511
I am having the same issues with directly mtn 1 terabyte deal from 01:30 AM until 05:00 AM no download speeds high ping cutouts and the router drops from 5 to 4 bars then to 5 every time. Also for the past 3-4 days i am unable to download anything on steam it doesn't update my games or download sometimes 0.1 0.5 speeds and cuts out. What is going on ><

Attachments

• 2021.06.17 bad connection.png
    2021.06.17 bad connection.png
    262 KB · Views: 40
  • Throttling Steam.png
    Throttling Steam.png
    280.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Sad
Reactions: Yuu

MikeaMatrix

I am having the same issues with directly mtn 1 terabyte deal from 01:30 AM until 05:00 AM no download speeds high ping cutouts and the router drops from 5 to 4 bars then to 5 every time. Also for the past 3-4 days i am unable to download anything on steam it doesn't update my games or download sometimes 0.1 0.5 speeds and cuts out. What is going on ><

Just curious, but do you have a alternate device on the link to perform speed test? Maybe check.

I noticed this month the download speed on my gaming desktop has dropped. (Heavy download month EA play & Xbox live).
However, my mobile phone & work laptop still are at max speed.
Presumably will restore to max speed at next month.

Minazetsu

Just curious, but do you have a alternate device on the link to perform speed test? Maybe check.

I noticed this month the download speed on my gaming desktop has dropped. (Heavy download month EA play & Xbox live).
However, my mobile phone & work laptop still are at max speed.
Presumably will restore to max speed at next month.
No i only use the connection on my gaming pc with it to stream and game. I logged a fault with there coverage team. They have provided me with a reference and asked to give them 5 working days for feedback.

It's not normal for this to happen. I specifically went with the 1000 GB deal to not get throttled or have limitations directly with MTN. And it states nothing about throttling or shaping when i applied for the deal.

This morning from midnight to 5 am i didn't experience the issue so maybe they did something.
I will see tonight again, as for steam its still not downloading or updating at full speeds.

How ever when i browse on steam and click on a game the initial video you can watch and other videos uses my full speeds no problems.

When i use my telkom adsl line on laptop or main pc it downloads at the correct speed so something is definitely wrong either they have blocked the downloading ports or they having issues on there side with steam.

I was researching on steam about the issue and they showed some ports that isp's could block so if it doesn't get resolved within the 5 days of the fault logged i will try provide them the ports.

Funny thing is i have not even downloaded much on steam around 4-5GB mainly game updates in 3 weeks since having this new contract 1000 GB anytime. So i find it really strange for them to throttle it.

I use more data streaming and gaming than downloading lol.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I still 41 I.P routing through jhb, thought maybe they fixed it lol

as MTN Bussiness would have the correct routing

ghostRgg

Expert Member
You can never cancel once you joined lol

I never received any notification about my cancelation, though I don't want cancel anymore due to rain 5g not having back up power.
Wait wait wait... their 5G doesn't have... backups? Surley that's just for now and they haven't installed a backup just yet.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Wait wait wait... their 5G doesn't have... backups? Surley that's just for now and they haven't installed a backup just yet.
Most tower they do don't have 5g backup as it supposedly you can manually fail over to 4g. But I tried just can't get internet when there loadshedding. Bigger problem for me is the tower is different section for loadshedding, but mostly sync , but there was times when tower don't have power, but I do have etc

phly

Expert Member
Just an update: Speeds not blazingly fast but still manageable and folks back home can catch up on news etc via the tubes. Sometimes I am having issues with 1080p off late but then it is fine. I did change location so not sure if that could be a thing and can almost say with 100% certainty that the new place does not have anyone on supersonic. Either way no major complaints. Have not needed to reboot or anything and internet just works - as it should. Happy camper.

Yuu

Executive Member
Having issues since over an hour ago. Slow 2Mbps speeds download and 15Mbps upload +-.

Anyone else??

KZN, KwaDukuza where I am.

Edit: 23:54 seems speeds are back now. Normally am on shift this time in the week, good to see back to par. :love:

Last edited:

Crumbl0x

Having issues since over an hour ago. Slow 2Mbps speeds download and 15Mbps upload +-.

Anyone else??

KZN, KwaDukuza where I am.
Not on my side in the South Coast at the moment, but speaking of which, I've been experiencing really good speeds for the past few weeks since near the end after loadshedding concluded for now. I was honestly very surprised given my pocket location surrounded by hills and heavy foliage but I'm not complaining, had to be a faulty tower at last rectified and I think yours is experiencing the same now, those kind of dips happen from time to time as well.

The most frustrating thing for me however is not having a clear line to complain technically when these things happen like you would with proper ISPs and cable-based networking, you just have to wait it out in most cases sadly :/

Oh nice great to see it came back quickly for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuu