The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

Swingblade

Has anyone found a antenna or booster that actually works with a B618? That you have been using?

Crumbl0x

Has anyone found a antenna or booster that actually works with a B618? That you have been using?
What do you mean by 'works'?

I used to use a Poynting XPOL-06 with an adaptor to reach really far away towers and it worked well, but if you mean an antenna / booster than natively uses this plug or is 4x4 MIMO compatible (not possible for consumers) then I'm not sure.

B-127

It's official... I'm no longer an uncapped user. I downgraded my account to 30/30GB and will use it as a failover only. Telkom will be my primary LTE connection going forward.

The change was only supposed to kick in on 1 July aka tomorrow. I woke up to an SMS today saying I'm capped :) Portal confirms the change. If I need failover today.... :unsure:

Swingblade

It's official... I'm no longer an uncapped user. I downgraded my account to 30/30GB and will use it as a failover only. Telkom will be my primary LTE connection going forward.

The change was only supposed to kick in on 1 July aka tomorrow. I woke up to an SMS today saying I'm capped :) Portal confirms the change. If I need failover today.... :unsure:
What package did you go with on telkom LTE?

B-127

What package did you go with on telkom LTE?
I've gone with the 1 TB deal. My usage doesn't usually exceed 1 TB, so it works for me. Speeds are > 120 Mbps download, even during busy times. Often I get around 170 - 200 Mbps. Without taking the occasional jitter into account the latency from PE to CPT around 22-25ms and 44-50ms to JHB. INTL depends on a couple of factors, but I've recently seen 170ms to London.

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

Swingblade

I've gone with the 1 TB deal. My usage doesn't usually exceed 1 TB, so it works for me. Speeds are > 120 Mbps download, even during busy times. Often I get around 170 - 200 Mbps. Without taking the occasional jitter into account the latency from PE to CPT around 22-25ms and 44-50ms to JHB. INTL depends on a couple of factors, but I've recently seen 170ms to London.
What did you get on Supersonic LTE? What modem are you using B618-22 or 65?

Reactions: Yuu

B-127

What did you get on Supersonic LTE? What modem are you using B618-22 or 65?
For SuperSonic LTE I've been using the ZTE MF286C - I found it was able to pick up the signal better (noticeable better SINR and RSRP), and slightly lower latency. For Telkom I've been using a B818. B818 performed the same as the ZTE for MTN. Using the ZTE, I've averaged around 60-70 Mbps. Peak around 135 Mbps. Before 5 AM it easily hits 180 Mbps.

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
SOrry to take this thread back...point me to the thread in the last 42 pages...if asked before.

I want to know why I should go with MTN Supersonic uncapped/unlimited plus router month to month option for R999 vs. ISP offered MTN LTE that is over R2K in some ISP?

Also, are there any usage restrictions on Supersonic LTE? throtlling, max speed (like Rain does)...etc.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
SOrry to take this thread back...point me to the thread in the last 42 pages...if asked before.

I want to know why I should go with MTN Supersonic uncapped/unlimited plus router month to month option for R999 vs. ISP offered MTN LTE that is over R2K in some ISP?

Also, are there any usage restrictions on Supersonic LTE? throtlling, max speed (like Rain does)...etc.
There no limits on this package or throttling I do well over 1tb a month, I don't even my usage anymore.

There only one drawback on this deal all the traffic router via jhb which ain't great for pings if you live in cpt.

There also complains people have reboot routers every day to have good speeds, I had restart be b618 daily to stay above 100mbps . I went back to default b612 and settled for 60mbps, but I don't have to reboot the router everyday. Never have to reboot with the b612

Seems b612 can actually get 80mbps just did a speedtest.
ff4061a4aea74eefb8dc3d05b3c4839a.jpg

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
Supersonic has WhatsApp service...I asked the agent for their cancellation policy...(We will be getting FTTH soon, the area is undergoing Openserve aerial fibre installation)...but they are taking months to light up). Here is what she posted:
==
I need to send you a few important Terms and Conditions. Please say "Yes" at the end of each point to indicate that you understand and agree. Please also take some time to view our full terms and conditions at www.supersonic.co.za
You will be receiving the pro-rata amount FREE and will be required to pay for the first month subscription upfront. You will receive an email with portal access and multiple payment options.

•In the event of cancellation, the customer will be required (at their cost) to return the router to Supersonic with all accessories, in a reasonable condition or be charged the replacement value at time of cancellation. • Cancellation within the first six (6) months of initial activation of a Supersonic service agreement, will incur an additional charge of R600 (incl. VAT) which is amortised over this 6-month term – this means that the amount payable decreases from R600 in the first month of activation, to R0 at the end of the 6th month. This fee is payable over and above the clauses governing the return of the free-to-use router. • Customers are required to provide one calendar months’ notice in writing to cancellations@supersonic.co.za before cancelling the product and/or service.

==

What does this mean, practically? I asked if I could use my own SIM enables Router..I have 2 lying useless from previous Fibre contracts since 2018. She said It is an obligatory router, and they will charge me for it if I cancel within 6 months. I am happy to keep for 6 months..but after that I am sure I will be getting FTTH in my area lit up...can I just cancel without a penalty (claw back clause)??

William1102

Anyone in the Escombe area of Queensburgh on supersonic

Think the tower is down as I’m connecting to a tower further away

Forum Reader

I get 5Mbps download and 3Mbps upload. So the experience is not the same for everyone. Upload used to be worse between 1Mbps and 2Mbps but that has improved recently. This is with 4/5 bars on the B612. Recently I've been getting 5 bars like half the time. Used to never see 5 bars before.

I still use it as the main connection for my PC but it struggles with stuff like watching 720p Twitch. Don't have many options here although I'm in a built-up area in Morningside on the outskirts of Sandton CBD. I tried Rain a few months ago which had good speeds when it worked. The problem was it didn't work half the time. Supersonic LTE at least always works but with low speeds for me.

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
I get 5Mbps download and 3Mbps upload. So the experience is not the same for everyone. Upload used to be worse between 1Mbps and 2Mbps but that has improved recently. This is with 4/5 bars on the B612. Recently I've been getting 5 bars like half the time. Used to never see 5 bars before.

I still use it as the main connection for my PC but it struggles with stuff like watching 720p Twitch. Don't have many options here although I'm in a built-up area in Morningside on the outskirts of Sandton CBD. I tried Rain a few months ago which had good speeds when it worked. The problem was it didn't work half the time. Supersonic LTE at least always works but with low speeds for me.
I will have to try out on my phone (I am with MTN cellular data) first and test speeds from the apartment I am moving into--no fibre there yet. But thanks for the headsup. I work from home so I will need a reliable connection.

Crumbl0x

Yeah absolutely, I must say, even when Süpersonic / MTN has its days, it's never once dropped out for me on regular occasions even in that super slow state. Rain was just a bother getting constant disconnects to stay up for as long as possible even if the burst speeds could be good.

phly

Expert Member
Still good on my end. So good that I am helping a family member switch from Rain to Supersonic this week. I also noticed that I have used alot more data this month. Almost 300gb so far - only to realize I have been enjoying youtube at 4k all along effortlessly. And in the evening too! I don't even bother with speedtests anymore. Haven't even needed to reboot my router all month I believe. Everything just works.