The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

pkid

Expert Member
And we are back on that sweet MTN Business backbone. :cool: :thumbsup: . Also had some trouble for over a week during primetime and speeds were down to atleast 4Mbps. Now it's back to 70Mbps+
Ah. Guess I am going to cancel my cancellation then.

pkid

Expert Member
I spoke too soon. Dead in the water tonight. Can't even handle a Showmax stream, keeps pausing. In Durban.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I spoke too soon. Dead in the water tonight. Can't even handle a Showmax stream, keeps pausing. In Durban.
What does isp show under speedtest
Net? I'm fine in cape town atm, so apn is probably not overloaded

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
It shows MTN. Was getting 1 mb/s on a speedtest.
Ok seems some clients routing through old apn, the new should show mtn business like it does on mine, not much slowdowns now that it shows mtn bussiness

pkid

Expert Member
Ok seems some clients routing through old apn, the new should show mtn business like it does on mine, not much slowdowns now that it shows mtn bussiness
Is there anyway to force it to use MTN Business? Can I change the APN on the router?

edit: rebooted router a few times. It is showing MTN Business and speeds much better.

Last edited:

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Is there anyway to force it to use MTN Business? Can I change the APN on the router?

edit: rebooted router a few times. It is showing MTN Business and speeds much better.
Yep was going to say reboot should connect you to knew apn :)

Fjorko

Expert Member

Hi, where do you see that you are connected to MTN business ?

Fjorko

Expert Member
Hi Guys. probably a stupid question, maybe one for @cavedog, but how do you connect a 4x4 mimo antenna to a B612 LTE router. Is it even possible ?

Looking to maybe get the below antenna from TA, but the B612 only has two SMA connectors at the back, so either it only supports 2x2 MIMO, or perhaps 2x2 mimo internally, and 2x2 externally for a total of 4x4?

Not sure if this is true or not..

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: Yuu

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hi Guys. probably a stupid question, maybe one for @cavedog, but how do you connect a 4x4 mimo antenna to a B612 LTE router. Is it even possible ?

Looking to maybe get the below antenna from TA, but the B612 only has two SMA connectors at the back, so either it only supports 2x2 MIMO, or perhaps 2x2 mimo internally, and 2x2 externally for a total of 4x4?

Thanks

The problem I have noticed with the likes of B618 ect it drops to 2x2 mimo when antenna is plugged in. I'm not sure about the 612.

Reactions: Yuu

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming

Thanks
You can't :)

B612 also does not do CA, so its not great.

B618 does 2xCA, so you can connect to 1800mhz and 2100mhz band to combine the speeds.

B818 does 3xCA, do you can connect to 1800mhz,2100mhz, and 900mhz to combine speeds.